Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 08:48 AM

7,989 posts, read 10,332,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Wrong

No diet has been shown to "prevent" ANY cancer.....

(cancer isn't a discrete entity by the way, there are many types of cancers and they can't just be lumped together as one disease)

Can diet lower the risk of developing certain cancers or conversely raise the risk of others? Sure

Can a certain diet actually prevent you from developing cancer of a certain type, as in guarantee you won't get it? Nope
My post regarding cancer was not about a specific diet, it was about general diet. And, yes, it can make a difference. Here's some advice from he folks at the Cleveland Clinic. I think they know a little something about cancer. And of course it won't guarantee you won't get it. Just like not smoking won't guarantee you won't get cancer. But it helps.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...ce-cancer-risk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 10:53 AM

3,702 posts, read 2,636,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Diet can change outcomes in ALL health conditions.
Yes. Diet can cause and cure cancer as well.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,616,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Yes. Diet can cause and cure cancer as well.
Many things are known to cause cancer, hormones, chemicals, radiation, viruses, repeated physical trauma, UV light, and pluripotent cells just plain forgetting what they should be doing (replication errors probably). Among all animals except humans, the most common “cure” for cancer is death. There are multitudes of different animals on earth, and also observed in the fossil record, that, regardless of diet, succumb to cancer. Unexplained spontaneous remission is seen extremely rarely in humans and other animals. This is almost certainly due to some happy coincidence of their body’s immune system suddenly being switched on to the presence of neoplastic cells. There are plenty of things one could consume that could give them cancer. There is no recommended diet I have ever seen that can cure cancer.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:43 PM

7,989 posts, read 10,332,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid View Post
Many things are known to cause cancer, hormones, chemicals, radiation, viruses, repeated physical trauma, UV light, and pluripotent cells just plain forgetting what they should be doing (replication errors probably). Among all animals except humans, the most common “cure” for cancer is death. There are multitudes of different animals on earth, and also observed in the fossil record, that, regardless of diet, succumb to cancer. Unexplained spontaneous remission is seen extremely rarely in humans and other animals. This is almost certainly due to some happy coincidence of their body’s immune system suddenly being switched on to the presence of neoplastic cells. There are plenty of things one could consume that could give them cancer. There is no recommended diet I have ever seen that can cure cancer.
I agree that diet alone can not cure cancer. But I do think it can help optimize the immune system which can allow the body to more efficiently and effectively fight cancer and other disease.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:52 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times
I don't think anyone is talking about ALONE and the cure if that's possible however accomplished. What about hormones in all issues of our lives.

https://www.webmd.com/multiple-scler...ormones-link#2

But there are definitely more foods that heal.

During my sister's battle, she brought the Vit D issue to me. Vit D is a hormone.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:10 AM

3,095 posts, read 2,031,201 times
Dr. Terry Wahls. I recently heard of her from a documentary. She was on meds and supplements but was getting worse and confined to a wheelchair. She ditched the supplements and focused on real nutrition and began a nutrient-rich diet. Since 2008, she can bike for miles and was able to return to work.

https://images.medicaldaily.com/site...1/18/11838.png

I think the clinical trial is to test therapeutic diets for treating fatigue in MS patients.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 PM

20,609 posts, read 8,384,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Dr. Terry Wahls. I recently heard of her from a documentary. She was on meds and supplements but was getting worse and confined to a wheelchair. She ditched the supplements and focused on real nutrition and began a nutrient-rich diet. Since 2008, she can bike for miles and was able to return to work.

https://images.medicaldaily.com/site...1/18/11838.png

I think the clinical trial is to test therapeutic diets for treating fatigue in MS patients.

this thread is about her experience if you had read my original post

Montel Williams has MS and was using a variety of alternative protocols. I wonder how he is doing now

Old 08-15-2019, 10:52 PM

44,548 posts, read 61,249,428 times
There's no cure for multiple sclerosis (MS) yet. But in recent years, new medications have become available to help slow the progression of the disease and manage its symptoms. Researchers continue to develop new treatments and learn more about the causes and risk factors for the condition.

Anyone claiming to have been cured of m/s either was misdiagnosed or never had it in the first place.

https://www.healthline.com/health/mu...rch-treatments

Old 08-16-2019, 09:40 AM

3,095 posts, read 2,031,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
this thread is about her experience if you had read my original post
Yes, I know. Some didn't read or comprehend, but I'm not one of them. Maybe she got sick because she was a vegetarian for years. Obviously she was missing important nutrients that she is getting now. She calls it feeding her mitochondria.

Through dietary changes, I eliminated over 50 years of arthritis symptoms, and my wife eliminated a 25+ year autoimmune disease. We did this before paleo existed, or at least before we had heard of it. Our diets are not paleo, but there are some similarities since I've seen what it is (apparently there are slightly different versions of it). Our processes would have been much shorter had we known about it, as it would have been a good starting point. If the autoimmune protocol had existed back then, she might have been well years earlier. At least she would have had something to work with and to streamline the process, which in the end looked very much like that protocol.

Quote:
Montel Williams has MS and was using a variety of alternative protocols. I wonder how he is doing now
Some people will fight and some will accept disease as their fates. It doesn't require wealth or celebrity to change diet and to keep changing it until one finds the right nutrient combo to resolve, or at least improve, chronic health issues. People are quick to say that they've tried everything but it's laughable. No one has tried everything.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:03 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,768 posts, read 4,122,761 times
Nonsense. The Paleo (or any) diet is NOT going to resolve a neurological disorder. It would be nice if things were that simple, but let's be realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness