Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,607,399 times

Advertisements

Hospitals (and clinics) are "dirty" (full of staph, MRSA and god-knows what else).

Probing tools may not be clean and if not clean, can cause infection.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 AM

14,871 posts, read 12,016,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
People do what they will, as will I. And so many talk like so many will end up with dread diseases. Not true.
Denial doesn't make it so.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:00 AM

21,669 posts, read 12,718,243 times
Yes, I have. We've all got to go sometime! I think it's just to drum up business anyway (it's not "preventative," so that's a misnomer; if anything, it's "early detection"). I also don't bring in my elderly pet every six months for "wellness checks."

Old 09-02-2019, 11:12 AM

6,416 posts, read 7,626,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Hospitals (and clinics) are "dirty" (full of staph, MRSA and god-knows what else).

Yes!

My friend had a heart valve replaced and ended up with a heart infections resulting in a lengthy hospital stay and still on many meds after several years. I did a little research and found that it of those who do get a heart infection from the valve replacement, some do not survive. Another friend had a lung biopsy which was only supposed to be a 6 hour procedure but instead spent 6 days in the hospital because they damaged her lung.

I wish the medical community would inform patients of all the risks before invading us. As a prior posters said, we should work together for better outcomes, not for profits, and make choices that are right for our own situations.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:18 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,619,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Yes!

My friend had a heart valve replaced and ended up with a heart infections resulting in a lengthy hospital stay and still on many meds after several years. I did a little research and found that it of those who do get a heart infection from the valve replacement, some do not survive. Another friend had a lung biopsy which was only supposed to be a 6 hour procedure but instead spent 6 days in the hospital because they damaged her lung.

I wish the medical community would inform patients of all the risks before invading us. As a prior posters said, we should work together for better outcomes, not for profits, and make choices that are right for our own situations.
They do their most to inform us but they can't keep us safe once our body is exposed to everything and opened up. We sign waivers when we go into hospitals. I was so fearful when I was in the hospital and rehabs for 4.5 months a couple yrs ago but I kept my antioxidants in my body the whole time. I escaped all the sickness.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,619,492 times
Quote:

All it took was one injection in a clinic and I was laid out for months and still dealing with the complications from a needle and I had the injections before but all it took was the wrong one and a horrible staph infection hit me.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM

9,790 posts, read 7,603,775 times
I'm in the no screening club. Had one clear colonoscopy years ago and dr said I wouldn't need another one for several years so to me that translates to never again unless I have symptoms.

Pretty much same thing with paps and mammograms. I'm done and don't expect to need them again.

it's been years since I had a physical. My regular doc moved away and the office deleted all our records and I can't get in to the doctor I want. Just trying to stay healthy.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:36 PM

689 posts, read 968,631 times
Quote:

Absolutely true - this is a known fact - and for decades. My former doctor used to say, "hospitals are NOT the best places to hang out when you're sick..."

Additionally, my cousin is a recently retired hospital nurse and she's the first person to say 'stay away' whenever possible. I also know several people who have contracted hospital-related health issues including drug-resistant staph, c-diff and MRSA!

Last edited by LaylaM; 09-02-2019 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 12:50 PM

23,015 posts, read 18,343,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post

I wish the medical community would inform patients of all the risks before invading us.
Um, they DO...well, at least mine always have. Before every invasive test my provider has either explained potential risks of the procedure or handed me literature about it. Doesn't your provider require you to sign an informed consent form? Mine does. But then I have this bad habit...when someone suggests a diagnostic test I haven't had before I ask about possible complications first. Usually they beat me to the draw.

Last edited by Parnassia; 09-02-2019 at 01:47 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 01:16 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,325,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I've "aged out" of PAP smears, and soon, screening colonoscopies. YEAY!!!!!!!
same here: doctor said after about 70 no real need for female exams and pap smears and some doctors say medi care won't pay for colonoscopies after 75 unless there is an underlining concern. In fact at my age (82) there are very few screening tests I would bother with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.