Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 08:09 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,338,087 times

Advertisements

I had a tubal ligation at 44. My doctor cut the tubes so short that if they came untied weren’t long enough to grow back together. I had 3 grown kids so knew I was done. It’s a piece of cake)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 08:40 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,442,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I had a tubal ligation in my early 40's after hysterectomy, one of my best moves in life. I had one child and knew I wanted no more.

Why would you have a tubal ligation after a hysterectomy?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-01-2019, 08:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Why would you have a tubal ligation after a hysterectomy?
Good question, back in those days I didn't question doctors, so the doc made extra money on me, now that you mention it.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:14 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,338,087 times
That can’t be real.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:28 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
That can’t be real.
What can't be real?

Old 09-01-2019, 11:09 PM

36,969 posts, read 40,942,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What can't be real?
That you had a tubal ligation after a hysterectomy. The tubes were already blocked by the hysterectomy.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:57 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,442,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That you had a tubal ligation after a hysterectomy. The tubes were already blocked by the hysterectomy.
Even IF the doctor was unethical, insurance would have caught it I would imagine.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-02-2019, 12:00 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,894,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I am a 35 year old woman who is considering sterilization. My form of birth control has always been withdrawal method combined with tracking my cycle obsessively by taking temperature and finding out when ovulation is happening and abstaining or using a condom during ovulation. It has worked in the past as I've never got pregnant but I don't want to worry anymore when my period is late, which frankly is something that happens often because my cycle can sometimes be a bit irregular.

I am a bit worried about side effects, complications or the process not working. Does anyone on here have experience with female sterilization, negative or positive?

I'm talking about the kind where they block your fallopian tubes, not a hysterectomy or anything.
Don't do it. Use condoms or the pill. It's better for your overall lifelong wellness if you continue to be a whole person with regular periods until your last eggs are gone.

Out of curiosity, how many children do you have?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:06 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,894,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I don't take the pill or anything hormonal because it takes away my libido so I can have sex but I don't want to. It also makes me feel unwell in a variety of ways. Struggled with acne on it. Plus you no longer ovulate on the pill which is a problem because ovulation provides progesterone...which is good for your bones and cardiovascular system long term.

I don't want a coil because I have a friend whose coil escaped and gave her serious internal injuries and hearing about her experience terrified me.

I have used condoms in the past but don't really like using them.

I don't want children and have always known this.
You do realize that having a tubal ligation means your libido will disappear - it disrupts the natural hormonal cycle.

If you don't want any children, and are 35 years old without an accident, I suggest you continue doing what you are doing. It's working.

Check for fibroids. Women who do not have children but who do have a couple of abortions sometimes develop fibroids which can lead to heavy bleeding towards menopause - it's not a good reason for a hysterectomy.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:44 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,170,188 times
I had a tubal ligation when I was thirty years old. We had two daughters and we knew we were finished having children. I had been on multiple types of birth control and the side effects were terrible. Initially I went in for the Essure procedure not a tubal ligation, but my one fallopian tube was so curly cued that the doctor couldn't do the Essure procedure, and the tubal ligation was the back up plan. I have a tiny scar below my belly button from the procedure. Pain afterward lasted for about a week, nothing too terrible, but I couldn't wear pants or shorts during that time, just dresses because my stomach was sore.

Afterward it's been smooth sailing. Love the freedom of not having to worry about birth control at all, and no weird side effects. I have not experienced a lower libido, things are just as good as before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness