Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 04:10 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,528,944 times

Advertisements

S/o is in hospital & on Propananol (sp?) (was on Lithium, causing for many many yrs, Hypotension but since off Lithium it seems they put her on this beta blocker -- no idea why as her BP was also very low on Lithium & dropped alot on Lithium daily) but she was asap dropped off Lithium in ER -- few wks ago due to acute kidney function in hospital -- & is now on 1500mg/day of Depakote at 105lbs bodywght.

She is anorexic now too & being treated for mania & anorexia. Seems agitated on phone & staff has had to calm her down a few times in past 9-10 days in their hosp.

Kidney function was bad due to toxic Lithium, forcing her to go to ER, while she was dehydrated & thus taken off of Lithium a few wks ago. Her Lithium dose was 1200mg/day for over 10 yrs. She is mid 50s & don't know if this factors in.

400mg/day Seroquel since yest. I think 600-800mg/day is their target to replace Lithium & back up Depakote. I think she can go up to about 2800mg/day Depakote at her light bodyweight. More if she were heavier but she is skeleton-looking as of now.

Long story as she won't take Lithium properly AND eat right. It causes lbs gain (she knows lithium causes lbs gain) & being a binge eater one day & anorexic the next 2 -- it is yo-yo on n off eating & destabilizes her mood/behavior even more.

Ativan is used at 1mg & 2-3 PRN as needed daily.

Can Seroquel cause agitation? Or mess up female hormones? Sex drive--up or down w/ Seroquel? No one has any answers when I call hospital.

Also still gets an on & off menstrual cycle but this progesterone/estrogen back n forth cascade at her age may add to problem? Anyone relate to the female hormones & mania or know what is up?? Docs aren't communicative & thus I have very hard time getting info.

So despite a Release of Information agreed upon by her last wk & on file from her, for me to call staff, but I get 1/2 baked answers & rushed off phone when I call for updates from nurse staff.

Also, case management is useless in hospital as 3 unreturned calls since last Wed. So, just asking if anyone knows side effects of any of these? She is manic as of now kinda still, & agitated & irritable at best.

But she is eating 3x/day & taking Ensure bottles -- at all 3 meals -- to supplement weight gain back, we hope. What a mess this continues to be...

Up until Tues nite (when she got 8hrs of sleep, says nurse) she was only sleeping 3-4 hrs/nite for a wk. This is insanity all to me.

Last edited by movintime; 09-05-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 08:10 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,528,944 times
By the way; just spoke recently to g/f & she gave me (while ppl were screaming in the psych ward behind her loud enough to hear & unable to even hear her well as they have phones in a common room) her attorney's number to call them re her commitment trial upcoming next wk.

Real fun, eh?

So, I call & lady says, 'can't give info til she signs client privilege release of info'. So what else is new world? Is anyone else out there sane or it just me left on earth -- w/ 1/2 my sanity -- as everyone else is reduced to zombies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness