Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 01:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,057,136 times

Advertisements

Hi: Am hoping someone else has had this.
I had a mastectomy for breast cancer and was given 2 injections into my hip area on the right side while I was asleep. I Think they were for nausea but not sure until I can get the hospital records.

One day later, I noticed that my thigh is totally numb with no feeling from the shot area to the knee. Also, now 5 days later I am having "creepy crawlly" feelings in the knee area with the same numbness up to the hip area. It feels like something is inside the leg, trying to get out !!!

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Possibly the shots on that side? I know I was placed on my back in the OR so nothing was compressed during the surgery. They put a pillow under my knees to help my back (degen. disk disease). Any help would be welcome. My surgeon says she has no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 02:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
perhaps from your back - they tend to travel to the legs

Poor circulation or injection reaction (bothered your body a bit)

Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 11,807 times
Default Thigh numbness

Looking at the date I see it's been a year since this incident with you. Has it rectified as of yet being a year later? I'm hoping so. I'm having similar numbing sensations just since a laproscopic nephrectomy (surgery where kidney is removed for donation) 2 weeks ago. I don't creepy crawlys but it heats up and aches at times. It feels so weird. I did notice a lot of small needle marks in my hip area on the same side, but the surgeons still aren't sure what caused it. There are variables but no exacts. I'm trying to be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I had a mastectomy for breast cancer and was given 2 injections into my hip area on the right side while I was asleep. I Think they were for nausea but not sure until I can get the hospital records.

One day later, I noticed that my thigh is totally numb with no feeling from the shot area to the knee. Also, now 5 days later I am having "creepy crawlly" feelings in the knee area with the same numbness up to the hip area. It feels like something is inside the leg, trying to get out !!!

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Possibly the shots on that side? I know I was placed on my back in the OR so nothing was compressed during the surgery. They put a pillow under my knees to help my back (degen. disk disease). Any help would be welcome. My surgeon says she has no idea.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,772,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post

I realize that this thread is old, but I had a similar issue and wonder if yours may be the same.

A shot was administered to my right hip. It was a large volume of fluid, enough to raise a "blister" that was plainly visible and about as big around as a silver dollar. When the blister raised, it seems that some nerves were pulled apart under the skin. I had a swath of numbed skin down my right leg for about three weeks. Feeling eventually returned to most of it, but I'm still numb in the area where the "blister" was.

Any of that sound familiar?

Old 10-09-2019, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,217 times
Hoping the OP that spoke about kidney donation are still surfing this feed, because I, too, have noticed the top of my leg thigh is numb to the touch. I’m 5 days post op and feeling rather good, other than this. When I lay in an anti gravity chair is when I notice it the most. Could it be an unknown side effect from kidney donation? If the OPs see this, please reply here or email me personally. It’s my user name at yahoo. Thank you!

Old 10-09-2019, 11:23 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
I believe that anytime we are cut, injected or any other unnatural action to our bodies we are open to nerve damage and numbness and whatever our bodies goes to. I speak from a lot of experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness