Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM

605 posts, read 860,733 times

Advertisements

The ER doc gave this to me for my gut, I may have an intestinal infection and am dealing with a kidney/bladder infection as well, and just read on WebMD the 'patient' user ratings', and they were all really negative ie; 'bad drug, should be taken of the market'---which concerns me a little.

Has anyone had experience with this medication? Good or not so good?
I took one earlier and it helped me sleep through the pain for about an hour (which one of the patients noted) and helped the inflammation with my gut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 12:29 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,243,065 times
I have gastroparesis and have been prescribed this medicine. I take it daily to improve the digestion in my stomach. I find if I take it on an empty stomach it makes me sick- it also makes me very lightheaded occassionally. I have been on it for almost a year though (hmm I think..) and don't remember of any terrible side effect at that time. It works for what I need it for..

Old 04-18-2008, 09:38 PM

16,860 posts, read 10,493,056 times
I'm very familiar with Reglan, I think that, for the most part, it's a good drug. It works well for nausea. There are side effects, just like most medicines. The thing that gives Reglan a bad name is mostly its IV use. Some people respond poorly to IV Reglan and it gives them a terrible feeling of anxiety. This is probably where the bulk of the negative comments are coming from. The most important point is, as with all medicine, if it's working for you then I wouldn't worry too much about what types of side effects are experienced by other people.

Last edited by MJJersey; 04-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,217,856 times
Reglan can have horrible side effects, which is why they probably say that. If it works for you, however, and you aren't having side effects, then I probably wouldn't worry about it. Discuss your concerns with your doctor or pharmasit though.

I had a HORRIBLE reaction to Reglan. I was given it via IV in the hospital and I just keep crying for no reason (which is not like me), and the stupid doctor just thought I was an emotional college girl (this was about 10 years ago!) and sent me home. About 4 or 5 hours later, my muscles started to tense, my throat started to close, and I looked like someone with CP (all my muscles pulled to one side). Luckily, I had this same reaction to compozine (another anti-nausea med), knew what it was, got to the ER and IV benedrayl took care of it. One of the side effects is to the central nervous system, which is why I was crying, etc. Stupid doctor should never have given me reglan knowing my previous reaction.

That being said, if you're OK, then no worries

Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM

605 posts, read 860,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
I had a HORRIBLE reaction to Reglan. I was given it via IV in the hospital and I just keep crying for no reason (which is not like me), and the stupid doctor just thought I was an emotional college girl (this was about 10 years ago!) and sent me home. About 4 or 5 hours later, my muscles started to tense, my throat started to close, and I looked like someone with CP (all my muscles pulled to one side). Luckily, I had this same reaction to compozine (another anti-nausea med), knew what it was, got to the ER and IV benedrayl took care of it. One of the side effects is to the central nervous system, which is why I was crying, etc. Stupid doctor should never have given me reglan knowing my previous reaction.

That being said, if you're OK, then no worries
Thanks, it is mixing with another med I'm on.
Interesting as well......I had it IV in the ER and I got angry, and really dizzy when they added a GI cocktail with Donnatol in it The doc said I was the most stressed out person he saw that day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness