Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 05:57 PM

1,045 posts, read 750,968 times

Advertisements

All soda is poison, particularly Mountain Dew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 PM

40,932 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't understand why they ruined it.

Makes no sense.

They know people hate it and would appreciate, if not the original formula, something more pure with cane sugar, and no artificial chemicals.
Now if they went back to the Original Original formula it might be worth giving it a shot again .

You know, the formula from about 1890.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:47 AM

3,060 posts, read 1,513,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
You had a coke and also ate McDonald’s. There are heads rolling now with that double sin.
Hahaha...

Old 09-28-2019, 05:10 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,276,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Don’t say that in the South.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:58 PM

50,191 posts, read 35,890,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Don’t say that in the South.
Really it’s a problem on some places. I read in areas such as Appalachia, serious dental problems are prevalent in kids because they start drinking Mountain Dew as toddlers, that moms were actually putting it in bottles and silly cups. There was a group of volunteer dentists that we’re setting up free makeshift clinics there because of it.

Old 10-02-2019, 06:06 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,446,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Really it’s a problem on some places. I read in areas such as Appalachia, serious dental problems are prevalent in kids because they start drinking Mountain Dew as toddlers, that moms were actually putting it in bottles and silly cups. There was a group of volunteer dentists that we’re setting up free makeshift clinics there because of it.
I can't recall which sugar documentary it was.. Either Fed Up or That Sugar Movie. One dentist had a "dentistry truck" (pretty much a food truck, but for dental services) that he drove around to help folks in those communities.

Yeah, one kid in his late-teens needed most of his teeth replaced In the end, the kid would STILL drink more Mountain Dew!

It's hard to eat a healthy serving of Mountain Dew when 9oz of that stuff puts you close to your daily, recommended limit. I never got into soda (don't like carbonation), but have managed to be more mindful of sugar in other areas. It's a never ending battle of wits for one's health!

Old 10-02-2019, 06:45 PM

50,191 posts, read 35,890,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I can't recall which sugar documentary it was.. Either Fed Up or That Sugar Movie. One dentist had a "dentistry truck" (pretty much a food truck, but for dental services) that he drove around to help folks in those communities.

Yeah, one kid in his late-teens needed most of his teeth replaced In the end, the kid would STILL drink more Mountain Dew!

It's hard to eat a healthy serving of Mountain Dew when 9oz of that stuff puts you close to your daily, recommended limit. I never got into soda (don't like carbonation), but have managed to be more mindful of sugar in other areas. It's a never ending battle of wits for one's health!
Yes, it’s hard. And it seems like supermarkets will have one thing I like in a healthy version, but then it gets discontinued. Like the whole store belongs to the unhealthy people, they can’t let me have that one thing I liked. I wish we had a Whole Foods but the closest one is 45 minutes away in a high traffic area I hate driving to.

Of course healthy stuff isn’t going to sell as well, just order less of it. But those who do try to buy healthy things are loyal customers who will still spend $150 on other things, too.

I actually do like soda, and used to drink a lot of Diet Pepsi. But my mom has severe osteoporosis, she looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame. So I don’t need to accelerate bone loss in my own. I have yet to find a substitute I really like though.

I like the carbonation, and the burping side effect helps if I ate a lot, lol.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:19 AM

16,135 posts, read 10,271,710 times
The only good that came out of this thread was the Flinstones Winston advertisement from 1961. That was great, the rest is nonsense. Again nobody thinks sodas are not bad for you but to make comments as if it's like drinking liquid asbestos is a bit over the top.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:11 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,214,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The only good that came out of this thread was the Flinstones Winston advertisement from 1961. That was great, the rest is nonsense.

You didn't like the Rory Gallagher video?(#60)

Old 10-04-2019, 11:17 AM

21,602 posts, read 12,657,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Soda is so darned good over crushed ice on a hot day, though (I know multiple people who regularly drink MD for breakfast instead of coffee or tea).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness