Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 06:39 AM

2,138 posts, read 1,260,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Also, I have an allergic reaction to the contrast dye (nausea and about to pass out) and the valium really helps with that too.
Good luck!
The first time I was injected with the dye during the routine breast-MRI, I was alright just a bit dizzy. I thought the dizziness was due to the loud and vibrating machine that went on for over an hour.
After the second injection of dye during the MRI-left breast biopsy, I was nauseating. The radiologist mentioned afterwards that he would give me two kinds of tablets in future but I didn't catch the names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 08:31 AM

1,375 posts, read 2,094,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
The first time I was injected with the dye during the routine breast-MRI, I was alright just a bit dizzy. I thought the dizziness was due to the loud and vibrating machine that went on for over an hour.
After the second injection of dye during the MRI-left breast biopsy, I was nauseating. The radiologist mentioned afterwards that he would give me two kinds of tablets in future but I didn't catch the names.
Yes - now I do a regime of antihistamine and steroids the day of the MRI. I have to have one every 2 years because I left a breast behind! I am probably going to get that breast removed next year as the MRI is not pleasant and it's also expensive!

Old 10-13-2019, 04:57 PM

The US breast (right) biopsy was less traumatic than the MRI version, no dye injection and was over in less than 15-20 minutes. The radiologist took 5 samples and left a clip inside the breast. The result would be out by end of next week. They have not decided whether or not to repeat the MRI breast (left) biopsy.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:19 PM

1,375 posts, read 2,094,383 times
Quote:
The US breast (right) biopsy was less traumatic than the MRI version, no dye injection and was over in less than 15-20 minutes. The radiologist took 5 samples and left a clip inside the breast. The result would be out by end of next week. They have not decided whether or not to repeat the MRI breast (left) biopsy.
Yes - the US guided biopsy shouldn't be terrible. However, if you do have to have an MRI guided one on the left, then go for the valium sedation. It's a game changer!

Old 10-15-2019, 01:35 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,622,195 times
Deleted

Old 10-16-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Yes - the US guided biopsy shouldn't be terrible. However, if you do have to have an MRI guided one on the left, then go for the valium sedation. It's a game changer!
Thank you for the advice, DJKB. I will definitely remember that.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:47 PM

My 3rd MRI so far, and after 3 days, my left arm where they gave me an IV /dye inject was still covered with rashes and itchy despite I drank 4 to 5 glasses of water daily. So I bought two cartons of Aloe Vera juice yesterday. The rashes have subsided. I am not 100 percent sure. but I think it's the dye. This time I did not threw up, as instructed by my oncologist I took 1 tablet (12.5mg) of Bemadryl ahead of the MRI. My next biopsy will be next week.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:56 PM

The MRI left breast biopsy was successfully completed and 6 strands of samples taken. I was really ill after, sweating profusely, nauseating and feeling the onset of a diarrhea. The Radiologist and the Tech both said it could not be the dye, as I was fine during both the MRI imaging sessions. Yesterday I kept my appointment with my Oncologist, she confirmed that I was allergic to the dye.

Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy and Lumpectomy are scheduled in 4 weeks' time on two consecutive days, to be followed with radiation approximately 2 months later. This is based on the diagnoses of IDC, ER+/PR+. Not yet available is the HER-2/NEU, which is equivocal (2/3), Fish analysis pending.

I have learned a lot from reading the experiences of CD members. I do not have time to thank them individually yet. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and acknowledged.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:15 AM

26,636 posts, read 26,565,137 times
Quote:
Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy and Lumpectomy are scheduled in 4 weeks' time on two consecutive days.
Best of luck with your surgery.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Best of luck with your surgery.
Appreciate your kind wishes.

Kept a dental appointment today, and my dentist gave me some good tips as radiation is bad for teeth. Was informed a few days ago that another MRI breast biopsy has been scheduled for tomorrow, and this time I am to take Gravol (12.5mg) because of my allergy to the IV dye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness