Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 06:13 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
This I don't believe. Not in the US, anyway.
I never heard of that from the decade or so that my girlfriend was a pharmacist at CVS. You just run to the bathroom when there’s nobody at the counter or you tell the tech to say you’ll be back in a second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's true. I don't know about the guys, but women wearing incontinence pads is not unheard of, although I don't think it's extremely common.
In a busy pharmacy you just don't know how long you might find yourself without a good opportunity to take a five minute break. I don't know if it's universal but when our pharmacist is out of the pharmacy, prescriptions are not supposed to be rung up at the registers. Does put a little bit of pressure on the pharmacist to be available as much as possible. Not like you want all the registers coming to a screeching halt during a rush while the pharmacist is taking a potty break.

I thought this was a good link for anyone that might have problems with getting their scripts: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/why-phar...-you-can-do-1/
An incontinence pad is not a diaper and they are worn for lots of other reasons. No, it's not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I never heard of that from the decade or so that my girlfriend was a pharmacist at CVS. You just run to the bathroom when there’s nobody at the counter or you tell the tech to say you’ll be back in a second.
Of course.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 AM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's true. I don't know about the guys, but women wearing incontinence pads is not unheard of, although I don't think it's extremely common.
In a busy pharmacy you just don't know how long you might find yourself without a good opportunity to take a five minute break. I don't know if it's universal but when our pharmacist is out of the pharmacy, prescriptions are not supposed to be rung up at the registers. Does put a little bit of pressure on the pharmacist to be available as much as possible. Not like you want all the registers coming to a screeching halt during a rush while the pharmacist is taking a potty break.

I thought this was a good link for anyone that might have problems with getting their scripts: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/why-phar...-you-can-do-1/
But those incontinence pads aren't meant to replace bathroom breaks. The women who wear them tend to need to do so all the time, not just when they are working.

I've seen the pharmacists where I get my prescriptions excuse themselves for just a few minutes, run out to what I have to assume was a bathroom break, then come back. It didn't look as though the world came to an end while they were out. In fact, I'd think that business could go on as usual with the pharmacy techs handing out completed prescriptions, and whatever else they do under the supervison of the pharmacist, because he/she is still physically present in the facility, just not in the same room for a short time. The idea of pharmacists having to wear incontinence briefs because they can't get away for a batheoom break on a 12 shift (especially the claim that "many"do it) is just silly.

That's a good article you linked in your post, explaining some of the problems with filling prescriptions. I avoid most of those issues by waiting till I get refill reminders emailed to me by the pharmacy, then following their instructions for refill. I pick them up when I'm notified the scripts are ready. Sometimes there is a delay, and I get an email about it, but the delay is generally only a day or so, then the script is processed. If the delay seems excessively long- more than several days, and I don't know why, I may call the pharmacy, ask them about the delay, and offer to do what I can to expedite it if possible. I've had to call doctor's offices to prod them to respond to the pharmacy's request for a new prescription, or, provide the doctor's office with a preauthorization number and ask them to call so I could get a prescription that was denied by my insurance company. The pharmacist helped me with that one by explaining why the script ( which was for a prescription strength pantoprazole) was denied, giving me the authorization form with the number on it, with instructions to have the doctor's office call the insurance company. I got the prescription filled one hour after they made that call.

I figure I'm the one out in the lurch if my prescriptions aren't filled timely for whatever reason. So it behooves me to find out and do whatever I can to help that process.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:55 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
When I go to a restaurant with bad service, I don't complain. Just give less tips. Pharmacists and the technicians don't collect tips.
Well, I tipped the waitress the correct amount, because the problems weren't mainly her fault. The manager took two of the three meals off our bill, so I feel justice was served.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-03-2019, 11:05 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,119,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
But those incontinence pads aren't meant to replace bathroom breaks. The women who wear them tend to need to do so all the time, not just when they are working.

I've seen the pharmacists where I get my prescriptions excuse themselves for just a few minutes, run out to what I have to assume was a bathroom break, then come back. It didn't look as though the world came to an end while they were out. In fact, I'd think that business could go on as usual with the pharmacy techs handing out completed prescriptions, and whatever else they do under the supervison of the pharmacist, because he/she is still physically present in the facility, just not in the same room for a short time. The idea of pharmacists having to wear incontinence briefs because they can't get away for a batheoom break on a 12 shift (especially the claim that "many"do it) is just silly.

That's a good article you linked in your post, explaining some of the problems with filling prescriptions. I avoid most of those issues by waiting till I get refill reminders emailed to me by the pharmacy, then following their instructions for refill. I pick them up when I'm notified the scripts are ready. Sometimes there is a delay, and I get an email about it, but the delay is generally only a day or so, then the script is processed. If the delay seems excessively long- more than several days, and I don't know why, I may call the pharmacy, ask them about the delay, and offer to do what I can to expedite it if possible. I've had to call doctor's offices to prod them to respond to the pharmacy's request for a new prescription, or, provide the doctor's office with a preauthorization number and ask them to call so I could get a prescription that was denied by my insurance company. The pharmacist helped me with that one by explaining why the script ( which was for a prescription strength pantoprazole) was denied, giving me the authorization form with the number on it, with instructions to have the doctor's office call the insurance company. I got the prescription filled one hour after they made that call.

I figure I'm the one out in the lurch if my prescriptions aren't filled timely for whatever reason. So it behooves me to find out and do whatever I can to help that process.
Ok, an incontinence pad can be helpful if you happen to be 'stuck' doing something a few moments longer than you anticipated. Maybe the customer you're helping asks a whole lot more questions than you thought they would, or the insurance company puts you on hold forever, or the drive thru window just doesn't stop. I'm not saying they take the place of a bathroom break, but they can come in handy if you find you need to try to 'hold it' for several more minutes. And like I said I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but where I am the pharmacist has to be physically present in the pharmacy space itself, behind the locked door, not just in the store. People are free to think it's silly, it doesn't invalidate my experience.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:40 AM

1,201 posts, read 617,201 times
My wholesaler sells the preferred generic for 40% less than brand. That is across the board with all strengths.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:36 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,041 times
What has this country become where workers have to consider wearing incontinence pads because they are so understaffed. This is not right.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
What has this country become where workers have to consider wearing incontinence pads because they are so understaffed. This is not right.
No, it is not right....nor is it true. Remember, the statement made was "many put on diapers". It's a ridiculous assertion on every rational level and a gross exaggeration of what's being discussed relative to the topic. Those working conditions would be unlawful in most, if not all, US jurisdictions. And the notion that there would be a widespread feeling of helplessness among pharmacists forcing their acquiescence to wearing diapers on the job is ludicrous on it's face.

It's ridiculous, yet someone is so intent on getting us to believe it that they anonymously repped me, saying "LOL, I could tell you how I know it's true, but probably TMI".

Somebody, somewhere, wears an incontinence pad for any number of personal reasons and that has been blown up into "many put on diapers". All one can do is shake their head.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
I've also noticed "shortages" of some common meds. I had to call around a few other pharmacies to find one med I needed. And forget calling them to ask a question. The person on the phone is again "in a hurry."
If you call the chains and get a person, hurried or otherwise, you are ahead of the game. Voicemail is more typical, notwithstanding the recitation, over and over "this call is really important to us...."

Old 10-03-2019, 02:20 PM

17,533 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post

I'm so glad that I retired! I had a great life, a great job and a great income. Which allows me to have a great retirement!!!!!!

Things have changes so much since I left retail 8 years ago (even my clinical "dream job" now pays 30K a year less)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness