Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 07:39 PM

26,634 posts, read 28,419,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Best suggestion is to know the brand of the one you like to ask if that's what they gave you before they hand you the bag or yes, they will see it's been opened and most likely won't take it back
I know the brands that work. There is only one brand that doesn't work and they should have that in my record, if they have records. I have told them to please make sure to never give me that brand again. This time it was dh who went to pick up my prescription so he didn't know. And I didn't think they'd ever give me the wrong brand again. But they did. I don't expect them to take it back but I want to show them the evidence--that they once again gave me the brand that doesn't do anything.

BTW, I looked both brands up (they only carry two brands now) and they are made in China. I wouldn't give my dog food that was made in China. But I am still going to show them what they sold me and ask again to never be given this brand again. And I will write it down for dh in case I am not the one who goes to pick it up. What is really maddening is that they can't order the brand they want and the pharmacist is so nice and so helpful. It's not fair to him that he can't even serve his customers properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 07:45 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,160,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
In the US, unit dose packaging is not commonplace. It has to be counted. The price for losartan is about the same here in the US.

Any filled prescription needs to be recorded. Since the 1980s, this has been done electronically.

And it takes more man-hours of labour to record it now, than when it was done with a dip-quill pen. And nobody will ever look at that record, ever. Ever.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:16 PM

17,297 posts, read 13,042,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
And it takes more man-hours of labour to record it now, than when it was done with a dip-quill pen. And nobody will ever look at that record, ever. Ever.

The computers do. Rx is scanned, bar code on package is scanned and bar code ob rx bottle is scanned. All electronically stored in patients records.

Hell yess they access the records, how do think recalls are handled?

Old 09-28-2019, 09:20 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,943,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
Anyone else experience this kind of rushed, frantic pharmacy service?

My pharmacy is always well staffed, friendly, and helpful. I don't see them rushing around much, though they are busy most of the time. They even know me by name, which is always nice.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:06 PM

6,293 posts, read 10,529,261 times
Part of the issue is people no longer know how to multitask. They do nothing but stand around when the exact thing they’re waiting for is working. Example, the car in the drive thru has to wait for their meds, wait on the front counter. People need to do more than one thing at a time. It’s an issue I’ve been noticing with younger workers.

Old 09-28-2019, 11:18 PM

15,630 posts, read 26,105,565 times
I stopped going to CVS when my doctor faxed over (it’s been a long time) a prescription, they didn’t fill it. And it took them forever to find it. They had to go through a ream of faxes to find it. Turns out, they get so many prescriptions, and very few people actually picked them up.

I switched to RiteAid, and they’ve been a pleasure. I do have to wait, but the veggie stand is next door, so I go pick out some produce and then come back. Rarely is there more one person in front of me.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:08 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,038,809 times
For faxed in or refills, I wait until CVS's automated system calls and tells me it's ready.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:26 AM

14,798 posts, read 11,938,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
For faxed in or refills, I wait until CVS's automated system calls and tells me it's ready.
That's pretty much what I do. I use our local Walgreens for my prescriptions. I have a number of long term maintenance meds ( for hypertension, other cardiac issues), and they send me an email when a refill is due. I respond telling them to fill it, and they do. They contact the doctor for new prescriptions when the refills run out, and I pick up the prescriptions when they email me the scrips are ready.

There is also an automated refill service that would just notify me when prescriptions are ready, but I've encountered some snafus in that when I've had changes in medication, so I prefer the email system.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:44 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,627,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I know the brands that work. There is only one brand that doesn't work and they should have that in my record, if they have records. I have told them to please make sure to never give me that brand again. This time it was dh who went to pick up my prescription so he didn't know. And I didn't think they'd ever give me the wrong brand again. But they did. I don't expect them to take it back but I want to show them the evidence--that they once again gave me the brand that doesn't do anything.

BTW, I looked both brands up (they only carry two brands now) and they are made in China. I wouldn't give my dog food that was made in China. But I am still going to show them what they sold me and ask again to never be given this brand again. And I will write it down for dh in case I am not the one who goes to pick it up. What is really maddening is that they can't order the brand they want and the pharmacist is so nice and so helpful. It's not fair to him that he can't even serve his customers properly.
Couldn't agree more and you should be able to order the brand you want, even if it costs more and you're willing to pay the price. I suppose, though, that logistically doing a lot of that could get complicated and cumbersome for the big chains. Might require some scouting around to find something of a "specialty" druggist?

If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious as to which brand is the one that's useless to you? I make mental notes of all this kind of info for possible future reference in decisions about my own medications.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,627,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Walmart is actually pretty good with sending the answers to the store manager. I've complained on a few surveys when my store remodeled and after, the grocery manager did a horrible job restocking a handful of items I regularly purchase. The store manager actually called me after one of them. I never saw those products out of stock after that

Unfortunately, for you, you're screwed. You can't even do mail order with your prescription insurance's pharmacy.

No one was handed their prescription by a tech. Everyone had to wait for a pharmacist. It's something new, it's been the last 2 months that I've refilled my script

The CVS my daughter used to use was notorious for this, they would only give her a few tabs telling her to come back in a few days. They apparently had a store policy where they only gave 7 pills even if they had more they could give you.

What ticked me off the most was when we filled the compazine, they'd give us the manufacturer that doesn't work for me and one she's allergic to. After the 1st time they did this, I learned to check it while there. I'd hand it back to them, they'd fill it in a few days with the one by Mylan but only give her a partial script saying she's out of refills. How did it go from me handing them back a full bottle, to them handing me a partial fill? Some how they were eating pills in the system.

Best suggestion is to know the brand of the one you like to ask if that's what they gave you before they hand you the bag or yes, they will see it's been opened and most likely won't take it back
It's something new where? There's no pharmacist involved in any of my monthly refill transactions unless I request to speak to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness