Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 06:23 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,944,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
Actually it says on the medications the negative side effects and there is a specific negative side effect that makes another chronic medical condition even worse. It's the reason why I got fired from my last job and why I had to quit my last job so it's not an excuse. When I was a kid I used to make fun of people who were overweight but I thought they could control what they eat. I was wrong. You don't experience binge eating disorder so you shouldn't talk about it like it's easy to just stop. You should look it up before talking about it. Binge eating disorder is the worst mental disorder I have.
The ONLY side effect you should be worried about right now is the side effect of having dead kidneys from your behavior. Dying is quite a severe side effect, wouldn't you say?

I'm sorry you have a binge eating disorder, but you could binge vegetables instead of salt and sugar. Again, what you eat is your responsibility, nobody is in charge of it except you--you need to make better choices.

No excuses.

Last edited by oldgardener; 10-03-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 11:17 AM

10,999 posts, read 6,527,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I'm not surprised that your therapists told you that you'll have a binge eating disorder for the rest of your life, because it's true: you'll have the disorder forever. It doesn't just go away.

But I am surprised they didn't help you find ways to control the disorder. That's what a therapist is for.
It does go away, if you make it. I had that disorder from teens to 30s, when one day I said "enough".

It was hard. No getting around that. I fought my way through, and you can too. Therapy didn't help me.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:25 PM

166 posts, read 96,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
The ONLY side effect you should be worried about right now is the side effect of having dead kidneys from your behavior. Dying is quite a severe side effect, wouldn't you say?

I'm sorry you have a binge eating disorder, but you could binge vegetables instead of salt and sugar. Again, what you eat is your responsibility, nobody is in charge of it except you--you need to make better choices.

No excuses.

Actually one of those medications ended up making my kidneys worse since it increased my potassium and that does more damage to the kidneys. A lot of these medications end up making the condition worse or make another condition worse.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Actually one of those medications ended up making my kidneys worse since it increased my potassium and that does more damage to the kidneys. A lot of these medications end up making the condition worse or make another condition worse.
"Medications that lower blood pressure can also significantly slow the progression of kidney disease. Two types of blood pressure-lowering medications, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), have been shown effective in slowing the progression of kidney disease." https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-inf...blood-pressure

You can find the right one (or the right combination) that lowers your BP while protecting your kidneys.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
I'll presume you are having frequent blood tests to determine the functionality of your kidneys. there will come a point where dialysis will be recommended as your next step to remain alive, think 4 hours 3X a week confined to a chair with your blood being cleaned mechanically. if Binge eating is heading you in this direction i'd give up the binge eating.
Out of curiosity describe what this binge eating entails .

Old 10-06-2019, 06:23 AM

Today is my first day of eating normal. I have been trying the whole week and couldn't do it. I want to last at least for the rest of the year. If I tell myself I will never binge eat again, that thought alone always leads to binge eating so I have to be realistic. In the past few years the longest I lasted without binge eating is 2 months. The first few years of binge eating I was able to last 3 months. This whole year the longest I lasted was only 1 month. But at the same time I have given up on certain things like soda. At my worst binge eating I was drinking three 20 oz sodas, a large pizza pie, a whole apple pie, 10 oz of salty potatoe chips plus 2 sandwiches. But the 3 sodas went to only 2 in the past few years. I didn't eat any pizza this year and even if I did it's not that unhealthy since it's vegan. I stopped because it's addictive. If I start then I can last weeks or months binge eating on it once a week when it comes to pizza. The salty chips I still eat but less now compared to before. The problem is I am addicted to potatoe chips and it increases my potassium for a short while but that does damage to the kidneys so I am eating less of it now but sometimes I can't control it and have to do it. Every little thing can cause me to binge eat. I can't read because it's hard to concentrate. If I try to read then it will cause overeating which always leads to binge eating. I will binge eat by reading because I will feel frustrated that I wasn't able to read what I had planned to read. I binge eat when I am in a bad mood and when I am in a good mood. It's hard to control it. It's just a feeling of having to do it then I feel better while doing it then after I am done I feel satisfied but then later on I end up regret binge eating.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:51 AM

3,254 posts, read 4,957,934 times
Quote:
Today is my first day of eating normal. I have been trying the whole week and couldn't do it. I want to last at least for the rest of the year. If I tell myself I will never binge eat again, that thought alone always leads to binge eating so I have to be realistic. In the past few years the longest I lasted without binge eating is 2 months. The first few years of binge eating I was able to last 3 months. This whole year the longest I lasted was only 1 month. But at the same time I have given up on certain things like soda. At my worst binge eating I was drinking three 20 oz sodas, a large pizza pie, a whole apple pie, 10 oz of salty potatoe chips plus 2 sandwiches. But the 3 sodas went to only 2 in the past few years. I didn't eat any pizza this year and even if I did it's not that unhealthy since it's vegan. I stopped because it's addictive. If I start then I can last weeks or months binge eating on it once a week when it comes to pizza. The salty chips I still eat but less now compared to before. The problem is I am addicted to potatoe chips and it increases my potassium for a short while but that does damage to the kidneys so I am eating less of it now but sometimes I can't control it and have to do it. Every little thing can cause me to binge eat. I can't read because it's hard to concentrate. If I try to read then it will cause overeating which always leads to binge eating. I will binge eat by reading because I will feel frustrated that I wasn't able to read what I had planned to read. I binge eat when I am in a bad mood and when I am in a good mood. It's hard to control it. It's just a feeling of having to do it then I feel better while doing it then after I am done I feel satisfied but then later on I end up regret binge eating.
And that's why you need to get back into therapy.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Quote:
Saving a dialysis chair position for your ultimate arrival. The thing with dialysis is there are now real consequences to over eating and it comes in the way of how much fluid gets extracted at each session, let me tell you getting 3-4 liters of fluid sucked out of your body is no fun,lots of cramping takes place along with much vertigo. Bottom line? you can give up this binge eating just like i gave up drugs/nicotine and alcohol. if not heres your future 4 hours a day 3X a week =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZcDE-PTgI

Old 10-06-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Saving a dialysis chair position for your ultimate arrival. The thing with dialysis is there are now real consequences to over eating and it comes in the way of how much fluid gets extracted at each session, let me tell you getting 3-4 liters of fluid sucked out of your body is no fun,lots of cramping takes place along with much vertigo. Bottom line? you can give up this binge eating just like i gave up drugs/nicotine and alcohol. if not heres your future 4 hours a day 3X a week =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZcDE-PTgI

I don't plan to get dialysis or kidney transplant. I'm just going to die.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I don't plan to get dialysis or kidney transplant. I'm just going to die.

At stage 3a kidney disease, not yet needing dialysis, you can still live a long time, but you know you have to change your behavior to accomplish that. Apparently you have no one in your corner to help you, so you have to fight for your future self, and you have to focus on your mental health to do that. People recover from drug addiction and alcoholism all the time, same for binge eating. No one says it's easy, but it can certainly be done. At this point, you are your own worst enemy, so concentrate on your future self. No one here can do that for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness