Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 04:13 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,777,247 times

Advertisements

It could be allergic asthma triggered by the cat. If you've been fine for years and the cat is the only new thing in your environment, common sense suggests that the cat might be what's causing your breathing difficulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,608,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It could be allergic asthma triggered by the cat. If you've been fine for years and the cat is the only new thing in your environment, common sense suggests that the cat might be what's causing your breathing difficulty.
It has also been extremely high allergy season in most areas of the country over the past few weeks (it’s been in the news as “allergy week”) and if the OP is going outside to do her walk, that could also be causing the problems. It just happened to coincide with a new cat. That is why she needs the testing to figure out what she is allergic to.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:10 AM

294 posts, read 177,161 times
Ist not that easy I guess. Waiting for the nurse to call me ...

Old 10-09-2019, 07:17 AM

10,458 posts, read 7,581,676 times
Not the symptoms of asthma, so highly unlikely that's it.

If allergy to cat, easy to test by seeing if you're better outside/away from it.

Pulmonary function tests sounds like a good idea IMO.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:50 AM

Not getting better when I leave the house. I was out of town 4 days and while I am aware that hair can be everywhere, it didn’t get better. Took Claritin as well. That was before I saw the doctor and without spray.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:18 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,608,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
Not getting better when I leave the house. I was out of town 4 days and while I am aware that hair can be everywhere, it didn’t get better. Took Claritin as well. That was before I saw the doctor and without spray.
It might be environmental. That is why you need the test. You might not respond to Claritin. It never did much for me.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:13 AM

385 posts, read 321,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Yep. I think you should consider finding another home for the cat. Being away for four days may not be long/sufficient enough to "clean the air."

Old 10-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Thanks guys for all you support. I know only a doctor can help here but it helps to talk.
He said lungs are clear and it sounds like infection. We now do x Ray, blood, antibiotics etc. Allergy test depending on the results. Let’s see what happens. Maybe it adding a new cat just pushed me over the edge, no rain rain, pollen etc. Keeping you posted!

Old 10-09-2019, 02:38 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,623,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
Thanks guys for all you support. I know only a doctor can help here but it helps to talk.
He said lungs are clear and it sounds like infection. We now do x Ray, blood, antibiotics etc. Allergy test depending on the results. Let’s see what happens. Maybe it adding a new cat just pushed me over the edge, no rain rain, pollen etc. Keeping you posted!
I doctored and drugged for most of my life before powerful antioxidants did the job in my life. I have not taken a drug or seen a doc for allergy issues in going on 25 yrs. Pharma doesn't like people like me who find their answers without their drugs. I have a lot of info in Alternative Med here.

Old 10-09-2019, 03:14 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,912,343 times
It's still ragweed season in Florida. The tests are to figure out what is causing your symptoms, not to line the doctor's pockets. Giving tests that aren't warranted by symptoms is called malpractice and doctors can lose their licenses to practice if they're doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness