Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:00 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,955,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It may be true for now, but as smokers get older, some pretty terrible things happen.
Most of the smokers in my navy crew of 1968 have died, or are in such poor health they cannot come to the reunions. We non smokers are still vigorous.

I'm sure that's true for most people, but he's almost 70 and perfectly healthy, strong as a horse, except for some stiff joints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM

10,458 posts, read 7,576,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh you know what I'm referring to, the blood pressure industry is huge...
Sure it is, because 1 in 3 Americans have high BP.

I'm with you, in favor of avoiding the pills if at all possible by looking at diet and exercise first. However, many people just can't get motivated for that and then there are some where these changes just don't do the job of getting their BP down far enough. I've known a couple of guys in exceptional physical condition who still suffered from high BP if untreated.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:24 PM

6,927 posts, read 4,385,634 times
Everyone in my mom’s side of the family got HBP around 31 despite exercising, eating healthy and not being overweight. If she was alive she would be 99 so people had this in the good old days. My youngest son got it at the same age. S
Strokes kill or ruin lives so no thanks. Taking a reading is quick and easy.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:34 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,765,818 times
Adriank, as I understand it, if you take your blood pressure 3 times in fairly rapid succession, the later numbers will be lower just because of the prolonged pressure on your arm.

You should probably wait a half hour or so between readings to get a fair reading the second time.

180 is high, and puts you in a dangerous risk zone for stroke.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:52 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,402,207 times
If you really want to prove to yourself (and your doctor) that it is in fact white coat, get a home BP monitor and test when YOU think you are calm. If still high, you've removed the purported contributing factor and it's still high. You have high BP.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,619,492 times
For any doubting Toms like myself. I probably worked for a couple yrs on my BP but succumbed to doc's fears, if I hadn't would I still be here, who knows.

https://www.focusforhealth.org/is-yo...er-for-pharma/

Old 10-16-2019, 07:26 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why do you always hearken back to the days of your parents? Did THEY take all the "supps" you do? Why or why not? If they were so healthy and ate like hogs, why are YOU so concerned with diet and supps? You completely contradict yourself in every post.
Quote:
What's wrong with what I hearken back on, why do you care, it's my history on my life and what I can perhaps expect in my life.
If I could only expect in life what my parents had that would be a sad life indeed. And you didn't answer the main question about what supps they took.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 PM

48,405 posts, read 34,546,688 times
Quote:
For any doubting Toms like myself. I probably worked for a couple yrs on my BP but succumbed to doc's fears, if I hadn't would I still be here, who knows.

https://www.focusforhealth.org/is-yo...er-for-pharma/

Well sister, break free from your fear!!!! That's on you not the doctor.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-16-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If I could only expect in life what my parents had that would be a sad life indeed. And you didn't answer the main question about what supps they took.
Mom took some supps as she was very interested in that world when it all came to her, and there was not that much in her years, she took Vit C and when I got on Grape Seed Ex and appreciated what it was doing, I got her on it and she took it maybe 3 yrs and that wasn't until she was 85 or so. After being on it she did not get colds or cold sores and her voice cleared so much. Dad took 1 grape seed ex and it didn't do anything so he took no more, he took nothing but alcohol. We are getting off the blood pressure issue. Grape seed ex is said to reduce Hypertension.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well sister, break free from your fear!!!! That's on you not the doctor.
The docs instill fears in us Miss Mikala.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness