Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:30 AM

50,115 posts, read 63,506,690 times

Advertisements

OPs example is a good reason for why I wouldnt substitute this test for a regular colonoscopy. We know what a PITA a colonoscopy is, but at least it is definitive, and anything suspect is dealt with then and there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 03:44 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,218,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeinup View Post
I am really scared. I have never met anyone that has even had this and it has been 26 years since my last colonoscopy. I took the cologuard test and it came back positive. And my doctor gave me an appointment for the middle of JANUARY !

This seems like a very long wait and my question for all of you is there any suggestions on how I could get seen sooner or is this seem about the best I could do? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you
wish I could help you...where I live the average wait is 9-12 months.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 977 times
yes i had negative 3 years ago and last one in dec was positive...colonoscopy in 3 days

Old 01-16-2021, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 885 times
Default Positive Cologuard

Positive cologuard Dec 15, had to wait until Feb 1 for Gastro appt. No symptoms, but I am worried. I had a colonoscopy 10 years ago with no polyps. Let us know how you did. Hope all is well.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 319 times
I had a positive Cologuard mid-February and can't get a colonoscopy until June. That gives me all this time to search stats online and found someone's post about insurance not covering the colonoscopy. Turns out mine won't be covered because it's a second screening. And seeing all the false positives, fine follow ups and the post above about a biopsy not covered because it's diagnostic makes me want to not go in at all. But for now I'm just going to reschedule it until next year, even though that's a seriously long time to have this hanging over my head.

Old 03-24-2022, 01:23 PM

5,495 posts, read 2,232,619 times
I had a positive Cologuard, then had to get a diagnostic colonoscopy.
They found 1 tiny pre-cancerous polyp. Not sure if Cologuard was a false positive or if that tiny polyp triggered the positive Cologuard. Regardless, the polyp is gone and I am glad for that.

My insurance covered the colonoscopy but not as a screening, so my deductible had to be met first. Ends up my total cost, "in network" was ~$700, and the deductible still isn't met. Not bad. Have a PPO and all providers and the facility were in-network. I chose a facility that isn't a hospital and that likely saved on some costs.

Insurance didn't pay anything for the colonoscopy but I got the massive discount for in-network.

Mentioning these costs for the sreller who is considering waiting until 2023 to save money, I assume. I wouldn't do that. If it's cancer, you'll never forgive yourself for waiting 6 extra months. I don't think you'll save any money by waiting until next year anyway, since a standard screening cycle requires 3 years after the Cologuard I think. Likely your colonoscopy will be a diagnostic in 2023 same as June 2022, as the insurance wont pay for another screening until 3 years after last Cologuard.

Last edited by Variable; 03-24-2022 at 01:33 PM..

Old 03-24-2022, 11:49 PM

6,927 posts, read 4,385,634 times
I just had my second colonoscopy after 14 years. I had 5 polyps all looked benign. Should have biopsy results next week. They recommended next one in 3 years which I won’t do. Now have to decide if I will do one more by 75 or not.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:47 AM

3,259 posts, read 4,972,250 times
I did it in the reverse order: colonoscopy first, then Cologuard. When I had my colonoscopy, my doctor was only able to get 2/3 of the way into my colon, which is apparently very twisty and loopy. Everything that he was able to see looked good, no polyps.

Because he was unable to get to the final 1/3 of my colon, he suggested that I have the Cologuard in case anything was lurking in the part he was unable to see. So I did the Cologuard, results came back negative, and the doctor said come back in three years. Maybe I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness