Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 11:21 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The CDC is always predicting that something or other is the next big thing that will kill us all.

It's how they stay in business. Before AIDS came along, the CDC was in danger of being shut down. They realized the value of a good virus, and well, here we are today.

Notice that most people call them the "Centers for Disease Control" ie CDC. Control, not prevention. Waiting for them to drop that word from their name. Why aren't they ever called the CDCP? Always found that interesting.
I have no trust in the CDC as I know this organization is gun hoe on mass fluoridation. We'll never know how much Disease and Health Issues are being caused by this mass medicine in our waters.

Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yeah....I don't know where I got the idea that you said "overuse of antibiotics" isn't a problem

Clearly you never said this

Apparently you didn't read or don't remember the article linked in the OP....

SMH. Read the post I quoted for the context of my sentence that you bolded. You took it out of context and you still are. Not my problem if you cannot follow or comprehend what I was referencing.

Quote:

You are the only one that made this into referendum about FMT...a "procedure" by the way as Suzy has already pointed out is not being blocked, incentivized or otherwise "managed" by the BIG PHARMA boogeyman
I am on topic per the article in the OP. I never said that FMT was being blocked or otherwise. There you go again. I posted about the fight over it and suggested that she educate herself on it. Perhaps you could do the same.

Old 11-16-2019, 11:40 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,347,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Doesn't anyone read the original articles?

Of course overuse isn't news, it's the increasing number of superbugs that is the NEWS!

Please read the articles

But they said that about superbugs in 2018 also. Again, whether about antibiotics OR superbugs...Not News

Old 11-16-2019, 11:44 AM

37,112 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
The CDC is always predicting that something or other is the next big thing that will kill us all.

It's how they stay in business. Before AIDS came along, the CDC was in danger of being shut down. They realized the value of a good virus, and well, here we are today.

Notice that most people call them the "Centers for Disease Control" ie CDC. Control, not prevention. Waiting for them to drop that word from their name. Why aren't they ever called the CDCP? Always found that interesting.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00017924.htm

"On October 27, 1992, CDC's name was changed to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (with "CDC" still to be used as the acronym). This change was enacted by Congress, as part of the Preventive Health Amendments of 1992, to recognize CDC's leadership role in the prevention of disease, injury, and disability. In enacting this change, Congress also specified that the agency continue to use the acronym "CDC" because of its recognition within the public health community and among the public.

The CDC has been affected by funding cuts due to budgetary issues in the past but I can find nothing about it ever been in danger of being completely shut down. Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How can people "self medicate" when abx drugs are prescription medicines and given out by doctors aka pharma.
Patients use antibiotics prescribed for other people. They "save" part of a prescription to use "next time". They buy veterinary antibiotics. If they live where it is convenient they go to Mexico to buy antibiotics over the counter.

By the way, not finishing the entire course of an antibiotic fosters emergence of resistant organisms.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/art-20045720

Quote:
Everything is a conspiracy. By definition.
That attitude is indicative of a very big problem.

Old 11-16-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Well, the product is not really an organ, tissue, or blood product, is it?

If it were that simple, it would be a no-brainer. You'll have to do more than a 2 minute google search to learn why it's taking millions of dollars to convince the FDA that it's a drug.

Quote:
Someone will have to prepare it so that it is safe to use and whoever that someone is stands to profit from it. Why is it wrong for a drug company to make a profit? Who do you think should supply it if not a drug company?
Someone already is preparing it safely. Nonprofit stool banks. The majority of hospitals and doctors prefer this over making it a drug, not to mention the patients. Nothing wrong with any company making a profit, obviously.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How can people "self medicate" when abx drugs are prescription medicines and given out by doctors aka pharma.

Thank GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2019, 12:18 PM

17,571 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
If it were that simple, it would be a no-brainer. You'll have to do more than a 2 minute google search to learn why it's taking millions of dollars to convince the FDA that it's a drug.

And it takes research institutions and pharmaceutical companies millions and millions of dollars to prove that ned medications are safe and EFFECTIVE. Ergo: drugs

Quote:
Someone already is preparing it safely. Nonprofit stool banks. The majority of hospitals and doctors prefer this over making it a drug, not to mention the patients. Nothing wrong with any company making a profit, obviously.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-patient-death
Be Careful Of Fecal Transplants, Warns FDA, After Patient Death

This is only one that we know of because so many are being done without anyone's knowledge

Fecal transplants will take years to be proven safe and effective

Old 11-16-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
And it takes research institutions and pharmaceutical companies millions and millions of dollars to prove that ned medications are safe and EFFECTIVE. Ergo: drugs

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-patient-death
Be Careful Of Fecal Transplants, Warns FDA, After Patient Death

Fecal transplants will take years to be proven safe and effective.
Fecal transplants have already been proven safe and effective. For years, here and in other countries. In case you missed the article I posted, they are now the standard of care for recurrent C. diff. Are you saying that the FDA is wrong to allow it?

Oh, sure someone died. So what? Are you as concerned when someone dies from a drug that has been proven safe and effective? Neither am I.

Did heart transplants have to become a drug to be proven safe and effective? No. Liver? Kidney? No. You have no valid point.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:00 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

That attitude is indicative of a very big problem.
Well, no. It's indicative of having a good vocabulary.

Learn the word. Then learn where the phrase "conspiracy theory" originated. You'll learn something, I guarantee it.

Anytime I hear/see someone use that phrase, I know the person is too lazy to support their own argument are just seeking to insult someone else as crazy. /shrug/ So they just yell conspiracy theory!! so they don't need to provide any facts. It's a pathetic attempt to shut down speech. Similar to "snopes said so.' 100% guaranteed the poster knows nothing. Just parroting talking points.

Old 11-16-2019, 01:18 PM

37,112 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:

Non-profit does not mean free.

Here is the order form for one such source:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...987/Order+Form

It is $1595 to $1950 plus shipping for one dose depending on the route of administration.

Why does it bother you so much that a drug company might be charging that fee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness