Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 10:48 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

https://www.drugtopics.com/vaccinati...4-E2A3E6E190FE

Quote:
The measles infection can have a devasting impact on the body’s immune memory, eliminating up to 73% of viral and bacterial strains a person had previously been immune to, according to a new study in Science.

“Many of the deaths attributable to measles virus are caused by secondary infections because the virus infects and functionally impairs immune cells,” the authors of the study wrote.

Something to think about

Old 11-29-2019, 03:15 PM

530 posts, read 175,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Lack of people buying the MMR can weaken Merck's bottom line. Something to think about.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:27 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
Lack of people buying the MMR can weaken Merck's bottom line. Something to think about.
More cases of measles means Merck can sell more antibiotics to treat the secondary infections associated with measles infections and the other infections victims will get for two to three years after they recover from the original infection.

Old 11-30-2019, 08:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abderian View Post
Yep. Funny how there is always "new" studies, ie, advertising, to promote products when people stop buying them.

It really is something to think about.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
More cases of measles means Merck can sell more antibiotics to treat the secondary infections associated with measles infections and the other infections victims will get for two to three years after they recover from the original infection.
I had measles when i was in grade 10....a week later I was back in school...never had ANY "other infections" for "two to three years", after my "original infection" recovery.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:19 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I had measles when i was in grade 10....a week later I was back in school...never had ANY "other infections" for "two to three years", after my "original infection" recovery.
And?

That does not mean no one else did.

Did you read the link in the OP?

Old 11-30-2019, 09:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
I've never heard of this either. Seems it would've been really apparent in that all kids would have been sick all the time after having measles. How did any kids ever graduate from school, being so sick?

People are sicker today than ever. Kids are on antibiotics nonstop. That wasn't the case when kids got measles years ago.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Also more money for the hospitals that care for these kids (I know most are non-profit), the makers of the IVs they need because they get dehydrated, the hearing aid manufacturers to take care of the hearing loss, etc!

Quote:
Did you never know of any "sickly" kids?

Old 11-30-2019, 10:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Did you never know of any "sickly" kids?
There are sickly kids today as well.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:14 PM

530 posts, read 175,117 times
Quote:
Like the millions and millions of other kids of your generation, whose parents were "so concerned" about your getting the measles that they didn't even bother to take you to the doctor when you had it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've never heard of this either. Seems it would've been really apparent in that all kids would have been sick all the time after having measles. How did any kids ever graduate from school, being so sick?
This "research" and its attendant mainstream media hype is for scaring the younger parents who don't know any better because they didn't see what previous generations experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

My daughter had her MMR vaccine, and never had measles. So why did she have chicken pox, chronic strep, norovirus, and FLU?

Surely just a big coincidence! /s

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

People are sicker today than ever. Kids are on antibiotics nonstop. That wasn't the case when kids got measles years ago.
My generation was relatively healthy back in the 70s. We were teenagers when the MMR formula was changed to the one made with aborted fetal cell line WI-38. I remember getting the occasional winter cold but summer colds were very rare. I didn't know anyone who had severe life-threatening allergies, eczema, asthma, severe autism, etc. Those were the days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness