Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,373,027 times

Advertisements

Sugar is not as bad as you really think it is. Especially in regards to fat loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9YdBfR299s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 10:58 AM

17,454 posts, read 38,833,992 times
How are your dental bills?

Old 12-06-2019, 01:22 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,943,926 times
I'll try that on my diabetes and see what happens.

Sorry, didn't watch the video, looks like clickbait to me.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:39 PM

7,055 posts, read 12,561,737 times
Well, since sucrose (refined white sugar) and HFCS has been implicated in leading to diabetes and heart disease, as well as obesity, I doubt very much someone lost that much weight unless he ate nothing but sugar--and then he would die in short order from lack of nutrients need to sustain life.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:23 PM

48,262 posts, read 34,383,908 times
I wouldn't trade weight loss for something that is unhealthy for my body.

You can lose weight on a diet of twinkies or bacon if you just eat a small amount of overall calories.... that wouldn't be good for you either.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-08-2019, 06:50 PM

21,603 posts, read 24,746,556 times
Calories are calories. Of course you can eat 100 grams of sugar and lose weight. That's only 400 calories. I eat around 2,600/day to sustain weight so only around 15% of my intake. I keep it a bit lower than that but there's no reason I couldn't lose weight on more sugar than that.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
How are your dental bills?
It's called brushing your teeth. How's that pseudoscience working out for you?

Old 12-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I'll try that on my diabetes and see what happens.

Sorry, didn't watch the video, looks like clickbait to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Well, since sucrose (refined white sugar) and HFCS has been implicated in leading to diabetes and heart disease, as well as obesity, I doubt very much someone lost that much weight unless he ate nothing but sugar--and then he would die in short order from lack of nutrients need to sustain life.
Sugar only negatively impacts insulin sensitivity when it causes over consumption of total calories. A myriad of studies showing insulin sensitivity IMPROVES in a caloric deficit even at over 100g sugar intake per day.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't trade weight loss for something that is unhealthy for my body.

You can lose weight on a diet of twinkies or bacon if you just eat a small amount of overall calories.... that wouldn't be good for you either.
Of course it wouldn't be healthy. You want to eat a overall balanced diet to include all your nutrients. The focus here is fat loss. It doesn't matter if you consume 10g or 100g of sugar. There is no difference in weight loss when calories are the same. But many misinformed individuals think that sugar consumption is what makes you fat.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,489,434 times
Fat is what happens when you eat too many calories, no matter what those calories are. Although, I've found that when you eat calories is important.

I don't believe the post that says studies show that insulin reaction improves in a calorie deficit, even when eating sugar every day.

This guy could get away with losing weight while eating sugar this often because he could eat a lot of calories. I have to eat less than 1,000 calories to have any reasonable chance of losing weight in this lifetime. So there's not much room for eating sugar. If I do, it causes a great deal of suffering to give up eating real foods to compensate for the sugar calories that are not filling and don't feed my nutrition needs.

Another problem that people might have is stopping at 100g. Overweight people often don't have that kind of control. That's why they're overweight, in the first place. Compulsive eating, esp of sugar (which makes you want more of it), chips, and certain other kinds of foods.

Another problem may be the rush and the crash after eating 2/3 c of sugar, depending on what you eat with it, and the form of the sugar.

Everything in moderation, as they say. But certain foods are trigger foods for overweight people. Sugar can be a trigger for some people, and people can become almost addicted to it. Interesting that alcohol turns into sugar in your bloodstream.

I love sweets so much that it's best I avoid them, for the most part. I have planned times when I imbibe, for special sweets that I love. Then it's over with, and I don't eat sweets again until my next timed occasion. But I don't eat desserts, or a candy bar here and there, or anything like that. That'd be like an alcoholic having one drink every day, while saying he's recovering from his alcoholism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness