Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 07:28 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times

Advertisements

What I don't understand here is why people get upset when someone says they feel better on a different diet then what the current diet they are on. Nutrition zealots are in full effect.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/ve...vore-healthier

A formerly vegan influencer revealed to her fans that she spent 30 days eating nothing but meat and animal products. She also revealed that the new diet had some surprisingly positive effects on her health.

Alyse Parker, who has over 200K Instagram followers and over 700K Youtube subscribers, explained her decision on Instagram. In a post, she revealed that she decided to try the Carnivore Diet after hearing about all of the health benefits from friends who switched from being vegan to eating only meat and animal products.

Parker explained, “I had my own fair share of health struggles and eventually reached a breaking point where I was willing to try anything to function properly again.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 08:43 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Not surprisingly, another fox story.

Pro-tip: humans are omnivores. They are not herbivores, or carnivores. Our bodies run most efficiently when fueled by a variety of foods, not JUST meat, or not JUST plant.

Your post included a big tip-off at the bottom: Parker said she had her "own fair share of health struggles" - well she should've gotten off that vegan kick before it became a fair share. She'll have a whole new fair share of health struggles if she rejects plants for an exclusively meat diet.

Why? Because - she is not a carnivore. She is an omnivore.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Not surprising to me in the least, veganism is tough way to eat as far as getting certain micronutrients goes. Alyse did a smart thing, ditching veganism before she got seriously ill.

The human-body, in general, does a better job of utilizing animal-based micronutrients, as opposed to plant-based micronutrients.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:49 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Not surprisingly, another fox story.

Pro-tip: humans are omnivores. They are not herbivores, or carnivores. Our bodies run most efficiently when fueled by a variety of foods, not JUST meat, or not JUST plant.

Your post included a big tip-off at the bottom: Parker said she had her "own fair share of health struggles" - well she should've gotten off that vegan kick before it became a fair share. She'll have a whole new fair share of health struggles if she rejects plants for an exclusively meat diet.

Why? Because - she is not a carnivore. She is an omnivore.
Insert that "moderation in all things" sticky here. I've only known a few vegans very closely. Totally their choice that doesn't matter to me either way. They seemed to be well educated, but my impression always ended up being that they were obsessed with every food-related topic, spent a great amount of energy and time making sure they were balancing the right things, avoiding the wrong things, being defensive about their chosen diet, and always seemed to be at the beginning of every bug making the rounds, were actively sick with whatever it was, stayed sick longer with it, or were recovering from it.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-11-2019 at 04:44 PM..

Old 12-11-2019, 04:19 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Insert that "moderation in all things" sticky here. I've only known a few vegans very closely. Totally their choice that doesn't bother me. They seemed to be well educated, but my impression always ended up being that they were obsessed with every food-related topic, spent a great amount of energy and time making sure they were balancing the right things, avoiding the wrong things, being defensive about their chosen diet, and always seemed to be at the beginning of every bug making the rounds, were actively sick with whatever it was, stayed sick longer with it, or were recovering from it.
We call those Vegan Zealots.

Old 12-11-2019, 04:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Insert that "moderation in all things" sticky here. I've only known a few vegans very closely. Totally their choice that doesn't matter to me either way. They seemed to be well educated, but my impression always ended up being that they were obsessed with every food-related topic, spent a great amount of energy and time making sure they were balancing the right things, avoiding the wrong things, being defensive about their chosen diet, and always seemed to be at the beginning of every bug making the rounds, were actively sick with whatever it was, stayed sick longer with it, or were recovering from it.
If my experience is anything to go by, anyone suggesting that the veganism may have something to do with the frequent illnesses will be countered with, "Just imagine how much sicker I would be if I didn't follow such a healthful diet!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness