Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 09:30 AM

9,570 posts, read 4,437,813 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't above the knee be quad tendon? Also if you just started a walking routine after years of nothing I've read where runners in particular develop a wear pattern which actually helps them. Maybe you don't have that pattern yet if you just started.

Also walking is good but it does include a full range of motion which could lead to some tightness. Maybe on off days bike, squat, etc. And stretch the knee area. Sometimes just sitting on floor with one leg while pulling the other from the straight extended position to a flexed position with the knee almost touching the chest with the foot still flat on ground. I've found stretching to be the most important thing not to skip or cut out of a routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 03:40 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,565,974 times
When you say burning us it like a cold ice burning feeling by chance? If so that sounds like it may be nerve pain which can be caused by other things you mention or by next to nothing at all. I have crps and it’s a weird icy burn horrific pain thing that never goes away. If you think it’s nerve related they can do tests to confirm but they are really painful.

Old 12-22-2019, 07:35 PM

22,579 posts, read 24,396,578 times
Cycle ice and heat on the injured area, this can sometimes be very effective in healing stubborn injuries.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 386 times
Default Knee pain

I am almost positive your pain is from your patella Alta. The kneecap sits too high and impinges the quadriceps fat pad as well as rubs improperly on the femur bone. It is more than likely the cause of your chondromalacia too. I am currently dealing with a similar issue. It has caused severe chondromalacia in my case and I am due for a Fulkerson osteotomy. I would absolutely search out another doctor if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness