Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 02:10 PM

538 posts, read 385,839 times

Advertisements

My T3 and T4 is in normal range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 02:26 PM

732 posts, read 969,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
My T3 and T4 is in normal range.

The range is big, you need the values. Is the FT4 falling indicating less is absorbing? Is FT3 higher up in range (ideal), or low in the range?

Old 03-20-2020, 07:38 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
i am on thyroid meds now and was told to take on empty stomach, but my pcp never said anything about having to wait 4 hours to eat or drink anything with calcium as i found on the net after taking it. So i take the med at 6am in the morning and wait till 10am before eating or drinking anything with calcium. I like milk, so i have to wait. For the first few days i didnt know this and usually ate/drank about 30 min after taking pill on empty stomach.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:14 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
i am on thyroid meds now and was told to take on empty stomach, but my pcp never said anything about having to wait 4 hours to eat or drink anything with calcium as i found on the net after taking it. So i take the med at 6am in the morning and wait till 10am before eating or drinking anything with calcium. I like milk, so i have to wait. For the first few days i didnt know this and usually ate/drank about 30 min after taking pill on empty stomach.
Four hours is excessive and I do not know anyone who recommends that. Thirty to sixty minutes is enough.

https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyr...-issue-11-p-4/

Old 03-20-2020, 11:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Four hours is excessive and I do not know anyone who recommends that. Thirty to sixty minutes is enough.

https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyr...-issue-11-p-4/
that is exactly what my doctor has said: Just make sure when you take your meds it is on an empty stomach My husbands PC said the minute but never have I heard 4 hours.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:27 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I take my Naturthryoid about 8ish and don't eat for several hrs so I know I'm OK. Levo thryoid does not work for me, I take desiccated thyroid supports. And since using HGH homeopathic supplement I'm even able to cut my 120mg to 60mg daily. Another big plus.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is exactly what my doctor has said: Just make sure when you take your meds it is on an empty stomach My husbands PC said the minute but never have I heard 4 hours.
I had run across this the other day which is why i was wondering about milk. So i just need to wait 30min to eat or drink anything non-calcium to ensure effectiveness of pill...and 4 hrs later if i plan to drink milk.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/calci...cement-3231869

For most people, the best time to take thyroid medication is first thing in the morning, at least 30 to 60 minutes before having coffee or breakfast.

Wash your medication down with plain water.
Wait 30 minutes to an hour before drinking coffee or eating breakfast.
Wait at least four hours to take a calcium supplement or antacid, or to eat or drink a calcium-rich food or beverage.
If you prefer to take your thyroid medication later in the day or at night, time it so that at least four hours have gone by since you last ingested calcium in any form.
Be consistent: Whether you decide to take thyroid medication in the morning or evening, take it at the same time every day.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:00 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Just realized the OP asked about max dose? I've read posts from those with thyroid removed who take up to 5 grains of desiccated support. It's all so individual. And I'm of the thought that plenty take the wrong med and incorrect dose.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:28 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
I had run across this the other day which is why i was wondering about milk. So i just need to wait 30min to eat or drink anything non-calcium to ensure effectiveness of pill...and 4 hrs later if i plan to drink milk.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/calci...cement-3231869

For most people, the best time to take thyroid medication is first thing in the morning, at least 30 to 60 minutes before having coffee or breakfast.

Wash your medication down with plain water.
Wait 30 minutes to an hour before drinking coffee or eating breakfast.
Wait at least four hours to take a calcium supplement or antacid, or to eat or drink a calcium-rich food or beverage.
If you prefer to take your thyroid medication later in the day or at night, time it so that at least four hours have gone by since you last ingested calcium in any form.
Be consistent: Whether you decide to take thyroid medication in the morning or evening, take it at the same time every day.
Actually, for me, the best time to take it is whenever I wake up in the middle of the night. That's 90% of the time, but if I don't then I take it first thing in the morning. However, I take milk in my coffee and I don't like to wait long to drink it!

The middle of the night ensures it is long after any meal and usually hours before whatever breakfast you might have.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:05 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
Have you/did you read the paperwork that came w/the prescription?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness