U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:32 AM

1,855 posts, read 912,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
I also stayed the night at my girlfriend recently. I didn’t itch as much there but I did itch though.
This suggests that there could be something in your home environment aggravating it more. I agree with the suggestions to try either all natural or hypoallergenic, unscented laundry detergent, soap, lotion and any other personal products.

Quote:
The hydroxzine helps at night but makes me drowsy.
Antihistamines dehydrate you which can make your skin itch more, and you are taking 2 antihistamines daily. When taking them, it's important to drink more water and try increasing water-rich foods - vegetables, fruits, broth-based soups. If you eat a lot of salty or sugary foods, drink caffeine beverages or alcohol, try to cut back. Don't underestimate dehydration. By early morning you would be dehydrated after taking 2 antihistamines the night before and not consuming fluids for several hours. I also suggest researching the effects many people have had from taking hydroxyzine, one of which is increased, severe itching.

Last edited by SimplySagacious; Today at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness