Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 12:48 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
They they get to a restaurant and put their purses on the table
Most of the ladies I know put their purses on a seat next to them, if there's room, or hang it from the back of their chair. I'd tend not to put it on the table, mainly because there often isn't room if you've got a small table or a crowd sharing a larger one. But you're right about the "grunge factor" in considering you never know where that purse bottom has been.:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 01:21 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
Y'all's phones are even worse, btw.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:12 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Y'all's phones are even worse, btw.

I clean mine with Clorox wipes several times a day!

Old 12-20-2019, 09:02 PM

3,426 posts, read 2,393,301 times
No mascara for me. But I don't worry too much about bacteria on "things." I don't worry about the bottom of my purse and not all restaurants have chairs with squared tops you can hang a purse from. If there's a hook then sure I'll use it. But if not, no big deal.

I think it's the obsession with sterility that's caused so many kids to have allergies these days, and so many adults to have so many infections. Life isn't sterile. Your own mouth is host to millions of bacterium. Your stomach is a repository for it, and your colon is the tunnel through which it travels on the way to the sewer.

Bacteria lives on your skin and hair. It is doing its job to keep you healthy. The more you strip your life of bacteria, the more you invite the bacteria that CAN hurt you, into your life.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:56 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
They they get to a restaurant and put their purses on the table
Awww, not a pleasant thought!!!

Old 12-21-2019, 01:45 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
That's OK. Women look so much better with makeup that it's worth the risk.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:28 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Yeah, that's why we are told never to share eye and lip make-up.

But on the flip side, probably 90% of our food has potentially harmful bacteria, or our kitchens (studies have shown that they can be worse than our bathrooms).
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2019, 08:28 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

And so would guys, but alas, we must view how you really look.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
No mascara for me. But I don't worry too much about bacteria on "things." I don't worry about the bottom of my purse and not all restaurants have chairs with squared tops you can hang a purse from. If there's a hook then sure I'll use it. But if not, no big deal.

I think it's the obsession with sterility that's caused so many kids to have allergies these days, and so many adults to have so many infections. Life isn't sterile. Your own mouth is host to millions of bacterium. Your stomach is a repository for it, and your colon is the tunnel through which it travels on the way to the sewer.

Bacteria lives on your skin and hair. It is doing its job to keep you healthy. The more you strip your life of bacteria, the more you invite the bacteria that CAN hurt you, into your life.
I don't think it's obsession, but reasonable caution to be aware of the potential out there to pick up harmful bacteria, and to take measures such as proper handwashing after using the bathroom and carrying out other "germy"activities, trying to avoid placing one's possessions (purses, etc.) in areas (such as on floors next to public toilets, or where food or who knows what has been dropped and tracked around by dirty shoes) where bacterial contamation is likely to be high.

Believe me, carrying out practices like these is not likely to reduce the microbiota colonizing one's skin, respiratory tract, or GI tract.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Guess you've never seen a woman with a raging eye infection, or skin breakout caused by contaminated mascara, eyeliner or a skin product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness