Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2017, 07:54 PM

15 posts, read 11,039 times

Advertisements

I never made another appointment after this test because my doctor said there was no need to. He said everything was fine. I just want to know if anything found on this test can explain head shaking, I originally went for unstoppable blinking that lasted for a year, ever since I quit a job I no longer have that. The head shaking I noticed happens when I am on my bed and my head is in mid hair tilted a little to the left then I feel something in my head then it shakes left to right like I am shaking my head left and right, not up and down. I also wanted to know if anything on the test could be related to child abuse? Specifically sexual child abuse. I read that it can affect the brain.

Study Result
Impression
No acute infarct, hemorrhage, or mass effect is documented. Minimal foci of abnormal high T2 FLAIR signal in the white matter. Differential is broad and ranges from sequela of microvascular ischemic disease to chronic migraine headaches or even
demyelinating condition. Follow-up to document stability is recommended. For follow-up examination consider the use of gadolinium for more comprehensive assessment. The Results Reporting Office (F1) will complete appropriate follow-up actions based on
defined processes. F1

Moderator cut: personal 6/6/2016 8:37 AM
Narrative
EXAM: AHP MRI BRAIN W/O IV CONTRAST

CLINICAL INDICATION: R25.3 (Fasciculation) I and facial twitching.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar multisequence MR imaging of the brain was performed without intravenous contrast using standard MR protocol.

COMPARISON: No comparison studies are available at this time.

FINDINGS: There is no diffusion restriction to suggest acute infarct. Minimal artifact is seen along the margins of the frontal sinuses as is common due to nonmagnetic susceptibility. Reference for example series 4 image 14. Corresponding artifact is
seen on the T2 star weighted imaging at the same locations.

There is no hydrocephalus. There is no mass effect or midline shift. Basal cisterns remain patent. Sella is not well assessed by this technique but suprasellar cistern is clear.

T2 FLAIR imaging shows tiny foci of increased T2 FLAIR signal white matter for example in the subcortical white matter of the frontal lobe on series 6 image 18 and bilateral and series 6 image 13. no extra-axial collection or parenchymal hemorrhage is
demonstrated.

This is not an angiographic assessment but anterior and posterior circulation vascular flow voids are maintained. There is paranasal sinus mucoperiosteal thickening. This is minimal greatest in the right ethmoid sinuses. Mastoids are normal in signal.
Orbits are unremarkable on T2 weighted imaging

Last edited by in_newengland; 12-29-2017 at 08:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 02:45 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,704,195 times
Hi, are you still here? How are you since then and have you got explanations of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness