Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 08:49 AM

15,432 posts, read 7,487,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Heinekin flavored water for me.
One of the worst flavors known to mankind. I will be happy if I never have to drink anything Heineken flavored again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 09:27 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
When I'm home I drink whatever they claim is Spring Water at the supermarket. Zephyr Hills down here in Florida, Poland Springs when I was living in the north. Tap water just doesn't taste good even with our water filter. It's safe enough I suppose but I have a hard time even taking a few gulps from the tap to take medicine when I need it.

When I'm at a restaurant I usually ask for water with lemon in it, to kill the taste. I don't usually drink soda and only have one coffee in the morning.

Can be a lot of germs on those lemon wedges. Bet everyone uses their fingers to pick them up and drop them in your water.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:38 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Can be a lot of germs on those lemon wedges. Bet everyone uses their fingers to pick them up and drop them in your water.
I don't care, not concerned at all. People touch the produce at the produce store before I ever see it. Agricultural workers cough and sneeze and touch and grope the produce at the farm before it ever gets to the store. Though produce can be rinsed, it can't be sanitized without ruining it. And yet - most people don't get sick by consuming produce (unless a particular batch of romaine is tainted, obviously).

Old 12-24-2019, 12:47 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I drink Nestle flavored waters mostly.
You may want to reconsider this practice:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...lastic-bottles

Nestle is profiting from water rights on public lands. Those plastic water bottles are wasteful.

Old 12-24-2019, 01:10 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
You may want to reconsider this practice:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...lastic-bottles

Nestle is profiting from water rights on public lands. Those plastic water bottles are wasteful.
I have that Arrowhead mountain spring water delivered I'm 5 gallon bottles...and yes, Nestle should be paying for those water rights on public lands!

Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 PM

377 posts, read 470,188 times
I think we all need one of these: https://www.flexmls.com/share/2wPFg/...lland-TN-37886

(Pure Water is selling their farm?)

Old 12-28-2019, 09:20 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,209,487 times
Tapwater everywhere in the world, except a few third world countries. But my wife insists on bottled, having grown up in the jungle where groundwater was not safe and coconut juice was for drinking. Globally, virtually all urban tapwater is safe from pathogens, but not from chemicals or heavy metals, which can be cumulative over a lifetime.

In the US I would not hesitate to drink any tapwater, but I'd avoid private well water in the farmbelt, which is often high in runoff nitrates. Not reallly dangerous, but causes headaches.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:34 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Single, I refill 2 x 5 gal jugs of water at a Culligan refill station for 1.50 each. House is about 1 mile from an old foundry site that was extremely polluting, and back in the 70s another factory contaminated our wells with trichloretheylene?
My well water tests fine for bacteria and all that but the heavy metals etc. test is over 600.
I just buy my drinking water.
Michigan, a water wealthy state where the water aisle in the grocery stores is huge, so much of our ground water has been contaminated; paper mills, all sorts of other industry that is all long gone along with the jobs.
Still going on, PFAS everywhere and a defunct small local shop just spewed some really bad stuff out in Detroit.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:54 AM

377 posts, read 470,188 times
We have a family cottage out near Norvell and the water is so wonderful we come from other states and fill up jugs. The minerals are heavy but no sulfur. The taste is heaven.

Is there a testing kit I can buy to test for chemicals?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:00 AM

1,264 posts, read 666,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathiOH1 View Post
We have a family cottage out near Norvell and the water is so wonderful we come from other states and fill up jugs. The minerals are heavy but no sulfur. The taste is heaven.

Is there a testing kit I can buy to test for chemicals?
https://www.thespruce.com/best-water...g-kits-4155794

Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness