Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 12:43 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Taco Bell is pure crap. In fact years ago I saw the food delivery truck unpacking boxes for Taco Bell which was in the same little mall I was shopping at. The boxes said 'grade D - okay for human consumption' - I **** you not. I have never eaten at a Taco Bell since.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/grade-d-meat/ .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 02:55 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
You can be sure fast food is pre-engineered to meet maximum bliss point. So you will get addicted and want ever more of it.

Old 12-28-2019, 04:16 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
When on the road, I have a little propane-burner that works great at cooking meals. Or I go into a
grocery-store, pick-up something healthy that does not require cooking.

Old 12-28-2019, 04:21 PM

6,361 posts, read 4,184,849 times
We would all be better off Never eating fast food, however many (probably most) people give in to it since it’s fast, convenient and tastes great. Other than that, it’s probably one of the worst things you can do to your body.

Old 12-28-2019, 04:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Fast food is not good food. There are a lot of bad ingredients in fast food like soy and soy related products (soybean oil, soy leitchin), high fructose corn syrup, and other bad processed ingredients.

Places like IHOP and Perkins are not much better in terms of soy products and processed ingredients.

Soy is not bad for you. Anti-vegan propaganda to get more people to eat meat. It's the non-organic soy produced with hexane that is bad. Only buy organic.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:22 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Personally, I would prefer going to a local diner. On one of our trips there was a small diner where the parking lot was packed. Not a good sign? Locals. No, husband wanted to go to McD's down the road instead.

By accident in our travels we discovered a very small (only 6 tables) diner on the side of a rural gas station. Tom's Country Kitchen. Lines to get inside. Grandpa Tom cooked. Grandma Nancy waited tables, and greeted customers by first names. Definitely local people from workmen in hard hats, to young families, to Seniors. My kind of place. Grandma told me they had been in business there for over 30 years.

Similar situation in Florida and Mom and Pop Pizza places. Always used to go to one local small place. Totally family run. I worked with their special needs son in public school. Mom and Dad knew me from that. Again, it was all LOCAL people going there.

Apart from the good food and service, it is also supporting your small local business owners, and giving back to your community; not fast food chains. Sorry to get political.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:46 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Taco Bell is pure crap. In fact years ago I saw the food delivery truck unpacking boxes for Taco Bell which was in the same little mall I was shopping at. The boxes said 'grade D - okay for human consumption' - I **** you not. I have never eaten at a Taco Bell since.
Urban legend.

I actually ate at the Taco Bell by work recently, hadn't been there for years. It was absolutely delicious, super fresh, and I love that FIRE sauce.

Jo, I don't eat fast food often, if I do I get the grilled chicken salads (love the ones at Chick Fil A, Wendy's & Zaxby's). However, I ate some of my husband's fries recently and had the worst stomach ache.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:51 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,199,941 times
Jim Gaffigan on Fast Food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkzJXUtBLHI

Old 12-28-2019, 06:03 PM

804 posts, read 545,449 times
Well good for you, do not eat the garbage. Just have a salad. I know at least two women in my college campus that eats nothing but Salad. That is it. Find something small to eat, that is it and load up on black coffee ( coffee with no milk, sugar, or bs ) develop a taste for water and become like the "waterboy". Ever traveled up north and pump the water at a camp site? It was the most sweetest water ever tasted.

Fast Food is meant for young couples in High School at the Soda shop. That is what FF is for. Fast food is for me and you when I was trying to get down your and you was like messing with my head. That is what FF is for. As a memory of FF yes go to a diner ( once in a blue moon ). Otherwise just get the Salad.

I have a Coca-Cola sign with a Hotdog for 15 cents on it. Back when I had a small job ( minium wage + overtime + $2 ) I was literally eating $100 dollar meals at least once a week. It was that terrible I literally would go and seat myself in a restaurant, even when I was wet and get Sushi + Saki and tried so many things on the menu that I did not understood and left a big tip. It was all good.

Nobody drinks Soda or most of anything FF asides for Chinese food store. Even that has options.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:45 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Could some of it be in your head? A salad from chick fil a shouldn’t upset your stomach if other salads are okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness