Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:37 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Well, nothing is a problem until it is. I "never felt" my replaced hip either until it popped out of joint. You'll feel it then! I am always aware of my artificial knees---they feel weird even after 9 years.

But boobs are not a moving joint...but they are "foreign objects" in the body, like the replaced joints.

I'm glad to hear all these success stories!
We’re you sorry that you had your hip and or knee replaced because of the issues you’ve had with them?

Old 12-31-2019, 03:42 PM

37,613 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Do you worry about them bursting under pressure of a mammogram? Are there any warnings about that?
LOL! No - they don't schmoosh the implant at ALL during a mammogram. In fact they take an extra view that normally costs an extra $50.

Quote:
That's good they don't "feel foreign" to you girls. What I hate is the feeling of the side boob against my upper arms. They are so "in the way" all the time.
Um...no offense but if you have "side boobage", that means you are overweight. That's not breast tissue over there, it's fat. Implants are in front, where your normal breast tissue is.

Quote:
But mine are natural and I'm guessing implants are more structured so stay "front and center" better than natural biggies. I really like the top "fullness" you just can't get with naturals (without a bustier!) and elimination of pressed-together cleavage. I like the "spacing" of implants better.

Breast come in all different shapes and sizes. Plenty of natural breasts have all different kinds of "spacing" There is not necessarily any more fullness at the top with an implant - it depends on the size and placement.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:06 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I had mine done 31 years ago. Great surgeon, great results, no issues ever. And certainly no "redo". (And no "shots..." as implied above - most people don't have a clue.) You will only hear from those that have had problems. As with any procedure, the surgeon is the critical factor. Lots of these get done in Mexico or in other countries because it is so cheap there - I think people are nuts to do that. You won't ever hear about the ones that were successful, because that is by far the great majority of the procedures. People don't go on and on about successes, only failures.

Ita we never hear about the success stories.......I was curious how many there were like my friend. She looks amazing....it's all on her channel. It's like any surgery, we hear over & over about the failures but not very often about successes. It's still super important to research surgeons...types....& what you can do to lower risks....tho I'm not advocating it for anybody....it's a personal decision like all elective surgery.........

Old 12-31-2019, 06:14 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Well, I've just heard some women complain that implants feel heavy on their chest and prevent them from sleeping in certain positions and doing certain exercises..

If the implants are really large...maybe...but IMO most don't do this.......

Old 12-31-2019, 07:27 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
IMHO there's no such thing as a success story...implants scream insecurity! Huge red flag!

Old 12-31-2019, 07:47 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
IMHO there's no such thing as a success story...implants scream insecurity! Huge red flag!
Yes, it may be very true that many women who have breast implants are insecure... but there's nothing wrong with that. If someone has the option to fix something that makes them self-conscious, why wouldn't they do that? Why do so many people frown upon this?

Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
My friend was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and was really suffering. She had her implants removed and her symptoms pretty much vanished.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yes, it may be very true that many women who have breast implants are insecure... but there's nothing wrong with that. If someone has the option to fix something that makes them self-conscious, why wouldn't they do that? Why do so many people frown upon this?
Because it's fixing the wrong thing!

Old 12-31-2019, 10:52 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Because it's fixing the wrong thing!
If penis augmentation was viable... a woman probably wouldn’t t be able to get an appointment for breast augmentation for all the men who’d be lining up.

Old 01-01-2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
If penis augmentation was viable... a woman probably wouldn’t t be able to get an appointment for breast augmentation for all the men who’d be lining up.
So with all the women lined up to get new boobs are people dying because they can't get their new heart? Liver?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness