Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 12:09 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You have to sign a waiver in case they burst. However, the lady said none ever actually did.
Signing a waiver doesn't absolve the medical process. 'Of doing no harm. ' Sorry to say ..some people are Clearly mistaken on how a waiver works.
If a product burst ...guess what? That waiver means nothing. Consumer law is still a practice going strong in winning cases for faulty products.

I had a malformity since childhood. I'll just say ..it wasn't vanity to wear a bathing suit where a concave rib cage wasn't so prevelant. It was socially debilitating...
Nature isn't always kind...

Old 01-02-2020, 12:29 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We’re you sorry that you had your hip and or knee replaced because of the issues you’ve had with them?
I had no cartilage left in those joints, so really no choice there. I think the knees were done too soon, though--kind of got talked into it by the surgeon and insurance deadlines loomed. I guess if I want to walk pain-free, that's what it takes. But it is highly abnormal for them to pop out of joint like mine did. SIGH.

I never heard of "rejection issues" with joint implants, but I wonder if the body wants to reject them too?

The replacements are said to have a "life" too, with possible adjustments 10 -20 years down the road. Egads, I dread that!

Old 01-02-2020, 12:34 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Um...no offense but if you have "side boobage", that means you are overweight. That's not breast tissue over there, it's fat. Implants are in front, where your normal breast tissue is.

Breast come in all different shapes and sizes. Plenty of natural breasts have all different kinds of "spacing" There is not necessarily any more fullness at the top with an implant - it depends on the size and placement.
Well, thanks so much for the diagnosis, LOL. My boobs definitely were overweight, hence the reduction. The rest of me is A-OK.

I asked for "fullness" at the top when mine were reduced, but was told that would require an implant, LOL. That "look" is not all that natural, but it sure looks good! oh well....

Re the mammogram, mine were squished horribly to where I could not stand it. I can't sleep on my stomach either.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Breast implants need to be replaced every ten years.
Quote:
Yes, and sometimes they burst open, I think that happened to a celebrity.
Quote:
It is a common belief that they need to be changed out every ten years especially the saline ones, but they did say not all have to go through the procedure if there are no problems, but why run the risk?
I find your comments very uneducated.Nothing you say is true and if so, please bring proof. I spoke with several plastic surgeons and your statements are all untrue.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Signing a waiver doesn't absolve the medical process. 'Of doing no harm. ' Sorry to say ..some people are Clearly mistaken on how a waiver works.
If a product burst ...guess what? That waiver means nothing. Consumer law is still a practice going strong in winning cases for faulty products.

I had a malformity since childhood. I'll just say ..it wasn't vanity to wear a bathing suit where a concave rib cage wasn't so prevelant. It was socially debilitating...
Nature isn't always kind...
Huh? I know what a waiver is. And I never said it doesn't absolve the medical process.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yes, 650cc sounds very big to me.. I think that's why they make you feel uncomfortable. I probably won't go bigger than 400cc. Have you had any symptoms of breast implant illness? I've heard so many stories about it on YouTube and that was one of the main reasons I was holding back on having the surgery..
OMG, don't be ridiculous. Go with 300cc.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:11 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
i did medical transcription for many years. one group of doctors i worked for, their entire practice was comprised of people with very serious illness and chronic health problems, all of them had implants. ugh.

you are putting foreign materials in your body that are toxic.
of course there are going to be problems.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 01-02-2020 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,200,641 times
I love reading about this and all of the success stories. More power to you all. I think I would go with the 300cc. Not too big and more natural.

Has anyone ever had any problems with them while flying, or in high altitude? Do they pressurize?

Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i did medical transcription for many years. one group of doctors i worked for, their entire practice was comprised of people with very serious illness and chronic health problems, all of them had implants. ugh.

you are putting foreign materials in your body that are toxic.
of course there are going to be problems.
What city is that?

Well, if you are a doctor in LA probably most patients have implants. Doesn't mean their issues are from implants. But yes, of course you may have issues through implants, or fake hips, or screws in your body. Any foreign body can cause issues.

But if you want them badly enough and have more confidence with them, you don't care. Just like people who are depressed and take antidepressants. Who then may cause high blood pressure. So they take high blood pressure pills. Then they have erection problems and take blue pills. Those blue pills contribute to the high blood pressure. That was my ex.

Of course he could have just worked out, eaten healthy and overall have a healthier lifestyle and he may not have been in that situation.

A woman with small boobs doesn't have that option.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:15 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OMG, don't be ridiculous. Go with 300cc.
Why is 400cc ridiculous? I think that would give me around a D cup, which would look nice on my frame. I don't think a D cup is as huge as a lot of people think... The women you see with really humongous boobs are probably more of F or G cup..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness