Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 01:27 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,165,788 times

Advertisements

For folks with back issues who have to sit a long time:
I'm looking for opinions on which you prefer -- a gel cushion (Purple, Egg Sitter, etc.) or a memory foam cushion. I'm concerned about the gel cushion being uncomfortable where it hits the back of your thighs. But I'm also concerned about the memory foam flattening out. Thoughts and experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 01:52 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,810,120 times
IMHO, the more important issue is getting off that cushion more, regardless what type it is. Using a standing work station, finding reasons and motivation to get out of that chair and moving is probably going to make more of a difference than what's inside the cushion. The other idea would be to change out the cushion part way through the day...that would probably change the pressure point, change posture and angle at which you are sitting. Kind of like switching out your shoes during a shift on your feet. Also try raising your feet periodically...that will change your sitting angle and affect your back.

Old 01-09-2020, 05:41 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,724,981 times
For years we just used the foam squares you can buy at Hobby Lobby or any other craft store and put them in a pillowcase. We also have standing work stations that I prefer, but I can't use them all the time. We move around a lot throughout the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness