Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 02:03 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times

Advertisements

I've all of the sudden been having slight anxiety that wakes me up early in the morning, and causes me to have low quality sleep. Almost like my body is asleep but my mind is half awake. I'm not 100% sure why I'm having issues, but I do know it related to work since it only happens when I have to work the next day. Sleeping pills help a little, but the root of the problem is anxiety. I was wondering if I should get some anxiety medication to help me through this. Its happened before and went away, but I'm struggling right now with it. Nothing natural has helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 05:37 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I've all of the sudden been having slight anxiety that wakes me up early in the morning, and causes me to have low quality sleep. Almost like my body is asleep but my mind is half awake. I'm not 100% sure why I'm having issues, but I do know it related to work since it only happens when I have to work the next day. Sleeping pills help a little, but the root of the problem is anxiety. I was wondering if I should get some anxiety medication to help me through this. Its happened before and went away, but I'm struggling right now with it. Nothing natural has helped.
When it happened before, what did you do? Do you even know what might have resolved your anxiety before? Did your work situation ease off? What other habits did you change?

What are the "natural" things you've tried?

Other things going on in your life on top of work? Not paying attention to your diet or not exercising normally? All of those could affect how well you sleep. It could be very transient and resolve itself just as it did before. Just about everyone goes through periods when stress/anxiety keeps them from sleeping well. The solution isn't usually an anti-anxiety pill, but finding a different approach to solving the bigger problem.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
When it happened before, what did you do? Do you even know what might have resolved your anxiety before? Did your work situation ease off? What other habits did you change?

What are the "natural" things you've tried?

Other things going on in your life on top of work? Not paying attention to your diet or not exercising normally? All of those could affect how well you sleep. It could be very transient and resolve itself just as it did before. Just about everyone goes through periods when stress/anxiety keeps them from sleeping well. The solution isn't usually an anti-anxiety pill, but finding a different approach to solving the bigger problem.
I work out regularly, took THC and CBD, don’t drink caffeine, everything else is the same. I’m not sure why it resolved itself before. Part of it might be worrying about worrying and it’s self fulfilling. I went through a breakup months ago, but there was no bad sleeping pattern consistent with it. It has to be related to work since it’s just during the work week, but work isn’t any different for me now than before the issues arose. In the past I would have issues if I was worried about my job. Maybe a part of me is anxious about my future overall, but if that were affecting things I would have issues sleepIng on weekends as well,

Old 01-14-2020, 06:16 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
What natural remedies have you tried?

Have you reduced your caffeine intake during the day? If you are drinking too much caffeine or drinking it too late (say after lunchtime), it could wake you up early.

Are you taking any medications that could have anxiety as a side effect? Some medications like Sudafed or inhalers might contribute to anxiety. I cannot take Sudafed and expect to get a good night’s sleep. I know it won’t happen.

What is your diet like? Are you eating at least three hours before bedtime? If not, you may be having reflux that is waking you up. Usually when I have this, it can be very alarming because I have trouble breathing with the acid coming up.

It could also be seasonally related since it is winter and you can’t get out. You could consider purchasing a light therapy lamp. They are usually $40-50. I know they help some people and don’t help others. I started using one this year and find it helps me a lot. Some other people have told me it does nothing for them, but they might not have as many seasonal issues.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:17 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times
Quote:
I work out regularly, took THC and CBD, don’t drink caffeine, everything else is the same. I’m not sure why it resolved itself before. Part of it might be worrying about worrying and it’s self fulfilling. I went through a breakup months ago, but there was no bad sleeping pattern consistent with it. It has to be related to work since it’s just during the work week, but work isn’t any different for me now than before the issues arose. In the past I would have issues if I was worried about my job. Maybe a part of me is anxious about my future overall, but if that were affecting things I would have issues sleepIng on weekends as well,
Sounds as if you need to learn behavioral techniques to address your worrying habit. If you don't, just taking an anti-anxiety pill probably won't do much and you wouldn't like the side effects.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-your-worrying

Old 01-14-2020, 09:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,561,291 times
Try 2.5 mg. Melatonin. It's all nautral, you haven't mentioned that you used it, and it works. If that's not enough, try 3 mg. next eve. Be careful with doseage adjustment, it works.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Try 2.5 mg. Melatonin. It's all nautral, you haven't mentioned that you used it, and it works. If that's not enough, try 3 mg. next eve. Be careful with doseage adjustment, it works.
I took Melatonin last night and I had my first good sleep before a work day in weeks. Not sure if it was placebo effect or what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness