U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 06:48 AM

38,777 posts, read 47,684,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
The anesthesia was the best part of the whole deal. It's the closest thing to time travel I've ever experienced. Talking to the doc prior to anesthesia and one second later I'm waking up in recovery. It literally felt like the clock skipped 30 minutes ahead when I blinked. I'd consider doing another one just for that experience.
I agree. My experience was spa-like. They have soft music and a lovely mural on the ceiling. It’s the prep that’s a pain in the ass, not the colonoscopy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 06:49 AM

1,488 posts, read 532,331 times
Quote:
The anesthesia was the best part of the whole deal. It's the closest thing to time travel I've ever experienced. Talking to the doc prior to anesthesia and one second later I'm waking up in recovery. It literally felt like the clock skipped 30 minutes ahead when I blinked. I'd consider doing another one just for that experience.
You and I had the same experience although I have no desire to do it again.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:22 AM
Status: "Potentially seconds from my next banning" (set 15 days ago)

16,182 posts, read 9,464,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree. My experience was spa-like. They have soft music and a lovely mural on the ceiling. It’s the prep that’s a pain in the ass, not the colonoscopy.
Wait....how do you see the mural on the ceiling if you're positioned for a colonoscopy? ...this isn't like the dentist's office, right?

Are you positive you went to the right place and got the right procedure?

Old 02-05-2020, 10:20 AM

38,777 posts, read 47,684,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Wait....how do you see the mural on the ceiling if you're positioned for a colonoscopy? ...this isn't like the dentist's office, right?

Are you positive you went to the right place and got the right procedure?
I was lying down normally before they put me out. I was lying down normally when I woke up. What happens in between is their problem.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:17 AM

4,338 posts, read 1,949,180 times
I've had several colonoscopies. Sometimes they use just the right amount of the "twilight sleep" stuff so I'm relaxed, but I can still remember what happens. It's interesting to see the journey, and I even met my surgeon during one.

What worries me is what happened during the ones I don't remember.
You're not out cold. You can respond to directions and answer questions, and probably say things you shouldn't.

Old 02-05-2020, 12:16 PM

15,347 posts, read 22,532,815 times
The advice I received was perfect. Fast for two days before your colonoscopy. I did a liquid diet of protein shakes two days before, then the clear broth the day before. Prep was easy. Three times to the bathroom, no pain, done.

Old 02-05-2020, 02:27 PM

3,599 posts, read 2,212,516 times
Tip #13: Buy a really comfortable toilet seat.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 AM

13,384 posts, read 15,950,513 times
Quote:
My first colonoscopy, my anesthesia was fentanyl and Versed. I can see why people get addicted to that stuff. I slept the whole rest of the day after my colonoscopy and it was the most blissful sleep I've ever had. I would wake up just for a second every once in a while and fall peacefully back to sleep. I felt like I was sleeping on a pillow of clouds. I had been having trouble sleeping prior to my colonoscopy because of pain from a torn rotator cuff. That day I had no pain at all.

My subsequent colonoscopies have all been with propofol. You are wide awake, go to sleep, and when they wake you up you are wide awake again. No peaceful sleep.

Old Today, 12:39 AM

17,157 posts, read 5,702,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
mix prep with vodka.
it's a clear liquid which
meets the stipulations.
The instruction sheet I received from the doctor's office specified no alcohol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or