U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:46 PM

3,111 posts, read 1,597,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Tramadol side effects: Commonly reported side effects of tramadol include: pruritus, agitation, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, hallucination, nausea, tremor, vomiting, and diaphoresis.

My doctor prescribed tramadol for my arthritis and after the first pill I threw the whole bottle away. I immediately had an anxiety attack, wild hallucinations and my whole body itched.

Think again OP.
Wow I have absolutely no side effects with tramadol outside of sleepiness. It allows me to get some relief from my knee pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 08:42 PM

4,983 posts, read 1,684,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Tramadol side effects: Commonly reported side effects of tramadol include: pruritus, agitation, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, hallucination, nausea, tremor, vomiting, and diaphoresis.

My doctor prescribed tramadol for my arthritis and after the first pill I threw the whole bottle away. I immediately had an anxiety attack, wild hallucinations and my whole body itched.

Think again OP.
Wow i love tramadol just makes me tired, use to get a shot of tramadol when i had strep throat.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:31 PM

286 posts, read 606,723 times
I checked with my doctor and I have the OK to take ginger along with the Turmeric I am already taking

Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 PM

210 posts, read 39,441 times
I have a rheumatoid condition and joints hurt and my right knee is like your shoulder painful. My doctor put me on prednisone and all the pain is gone! I only take 2 mgs! I have been on it for 4 1/2 years.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:57 AM

24,199 posts, read 18,247,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I was diagnosed with arthritis back in 2007. After dealing with it for 13 years I am checking to see about getting a cortisone shot to see if I can get any relief. I am retired and on Medicare. I try to work out with weights to help, but it does not do much. I am taking Meloxicam and Turmeric, but it does not help much. I usually have to take ibuprofen also. Below are some questions. My doctor has prescribed Tramadol, but I am leary about taking it.

1) What type of doctor would I need to see about getting a cortisone shot?
2) Will Medicare pay for any of this?
3) Will I need a referral from my family doctor?
4) What other options do I have?
5) How much and for how long would I get any relief from a shot?

I've had 3 cortisone shots over the last few years, one in each thumb, and just yesterday one in my right big toe. All due to arthritis. My right thumb extending to my wrist was so bad I couldn't turn my hand around to wash my back, use scissors, etc. My left thumb had trigger thumb, where it was locked into my palm when I woke up every morning and I had to forcibly yank it back out (very painful). My toe gets so bad at the end of the workday I was walking on the outside of my foot.

Both thumb shots were several years ago and although my right thumb still gets sore if I overuse it, it is still functional (but I bought left handed scissors) and largely pain-free. The left thumb remains 100% pain free. Too soon to tell how long the toe shot will last as I just got it.

For the thumbs, I went to a hand surgeon. For my foot, I went to a doctor of rheumatic diseases and arthritis. She used ultrasound guided injection to make sure she got the right spot. It was very painful, unlike the thumb shots, and was all I could do to stay still. But it's better than walking on the side of foot, trying not to let people see that.

So if it's due to degenerative disease, you can see an arthritis doctor, or you can see an ortho. Have you tried PT at all? Yes, Medicare will pay. If you have an Advantage plan you may need a referral, you shouldn't need to with traditional Medicare.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Wow i love tramadol just makes me tired, use to get a shot of tramadol when i had strep throat.

I had a weird reaction to Tramadol when I took it at night. It made me itch like mad! Like I wanted to literally scratch my skin off, and it kept me up all night! Was so weird, because it didn't effect me like that in the daytime.

IMO long term, chronic ibuprofen use is worse.

Old 02-12-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I tried this at my neighborhood fitness center. It is not that easy to do. It hurts the hands and elbows, but I will keep at it.

I would not do this without an okay from a doctor or PT. You could do more damage especially to tendons and ligaments. I'm an OT and have never seen this recommended by any OT or PT in over 20 years of practice.

Old 02-12-2020, 03:31 PM

914 posts, read 208,120 times
When my separated shoulder deteriorated I had cortisone. It took 3 shots before it improved. I still needed surgery. I've had 20 shots in my bad foot over the past 12 years and now I am losing fat padding there.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:37 AM

9,783 posts, read 4,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Orthopaedics is where you go if you want a shoulder injection.
I'm a recently retired internist. Back in the '90's my ortho buddies gave me cortisone shots in both shoulders with great and long term relief. Skiing injuries.

One thing I found is that if you have shoulder pain reaching overhead, turn your hand palm up, thumb out while you raise your arm. And in many patients the pain is lessened and ROM improved.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:00 PM

11,879 posts, read 21,137,252 times
Good tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or