U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:50 PM

4,647 posts, read 2,407,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You often can fill out those questionnaires at home. I do so via the patient portal at my PCP practice. It's an option tied in with a scheduled upcoming annual exam.

If I answer all the questions( and decline to answer IS one choice for each question), I'm not asked to do it again in the office when I arrive for the appointment.

I suspect I am not the only one to whom this option is available.

But then, I guess some people would rather just b***ch about it.
Absolutely it's an option to fill out the questionnaires at home. I'm going to a new neurologist tomorrow and they said I can either fill out the paperwork at home or show up 30 minutes early. Easy choice there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:16 PM

9,152 posts, read 6,834,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
There are those times when that all aligns.
Usually legal CYA is in patient's best interest. No one wants the wrong knee operated on.

Old Today, 04:50 PM

10,337 posts, read 7,553,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Absolutely it's an option to fill out the questionnaires at home. I'm going to a new neurologist tomorrow and they said I can either fill out the paperwork at home or show up 30 minutes early. Easy choice there!

Yup, that's been my experience as well, as well as for other members of my family. In fact, given a choice, those providers would much rather have patients fill out those forms at home and bring them to the office.

Saves everyone time when this is done.

Old Today, 05:47 PM

6,218 posts, read 2,778,080 times
Some of these questions have been routine for admission into hospitals for years.

As an admitting RN it didn't occur to me that anyone was had a concern would be identified due to this anyway. Most of the time it was another household member who accompanied the patient. Like they would have said that in front of them?

The homeless patients were the least worried of any of them. They knew there would be indigent care programs to help with their discharge orders.

We would sometimes identify concerns prior to discharge but still rarely from the patient's statements. Usually from other family members & the inevitable re-admits that would occur. Sometimes home health care agencies would tip us off. There were times when it boiled down to instinct of the floor nurses who would request a hospital social worker be consulted.

Of all the reasons why interventions occurred; none of them ever did because of these admit questions. There would be a different dynamic for a doctors office or especially pediatricians office; these are just my observations as an acute care hospital RN.

Old Today, 06:11 PM

88,895 posts, read 105,310,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Some of these questions have been routine for admission into hospitals for years.

As an admitting RN it didn't occur to me that anyone was had a concern would be identified due to this anyway. Most of the time it was another household member who accompanied the patient. Like they would have said that in front of them?

The homeless patients were the least worried of any of them. They knew there would be indigent care programs to help with their discharge orders.

We would sometimes identify concerns prior to discharge but still rarely from the patient's statements. Usually from other family members & the inevitable re-admits that would occur. Sometimes home health care agencies would tip us off. There were times when it boiled down to instinct of the floor nurses who would request a hospital social worker be consulted.

Of all the reasons why interventions occurred; none of them ever did because of these admit questions. There would be a different dynamic for a doctors office or especially pediatricians office; these are just my observations as an acute care hospital RN.
I agree with the bolds. It is very common for the visiting nurse/public health nurse to ask such questions. Plus, if you're in the house, some of this stuff is fairly obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or