U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 10:50 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,286,068 times

Advertisements

In my early 30's. I cant dunk a basketball anymore and women in their early 20's dont look like candy to me nowadays but other than that I'm good. I do get sick more often though. When I young I rarely got the flu. Now I seem to get it about every 3rd or 4th winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 12:26 PM

599 posts, read 146,267 times
37-38. That's when I had to make conscious life changes from the existing bad habits I had. I'm 40 now so it's definitely been a quick visit to the gym. Not hard but enough on a consistent basis. Being more care of food, and going on 'clensing' weeks.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:02 PM

1,893 posts, read 2,033,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkertinker View Post
I am turning 35 and I am not saying I am old at all, in fact I still think very young, but, I am starting to realize that my body certainly is starting to age.

In the past 6 months:
- I realized I can no longer run as I started to have knee problems
- My voice is starting to change becoming raspier and hoarse
- I broke my rib
- My sex drive while still good is nowhere near it was 5-10 years ago

Curious when people started to realize "hey I am starting to age now".
Knee problems at 35? that's very early. Hows your weight? Im asking because the body weight is affecting tremendously the knees. There's this book "how not to die' where the author says that losing 20 lbs is like having knee replacement surgery, yet people got to have their knees replaced instead of losing weight.

sex drive decrease i think it's hormonal. There might be other causes too. I suggest you talk to a dr. No 2 and 3 can occur at any age

Old 02-04-2020, 02:41 PM
Status: "(MASA) Make America Smart Again" (set 28 days ago)

5,555 posts, read 2,262,707 times
Here is what to expect:
40 to 49 - You may see that first touch of grey
your second and third root canal
staying up until 3AM means that you won't be getting up for work at 6AM
50 to 59 - you're definitely going grey
you've become invisible to 25 year old women (unless you just got out of a Porsche)
in bed at 3AM you don't show up for work the next day
Your 20 year old son can now run faster than you
more problems with your teeth
60 to 69 carrying that 94 pound bag of Portland cement any distance is out of the question
you get up at night to pee at least once
your urologist has recommended a roto rooter job
you move a dozen bags of stone and you ache in places that you didn't know existed
your 30 year old son can walk faster than you
still more problems with your teeth
you thank God that Medicare exists
70 to 79 I'll let you know when I get there

Old 02-04-2020, 03:49 PM

2,187 posts, read 2,298,531 times
I'm 56 and in the last couple of years I've really started to feel pain in my joints. I played a lot of sports and ran into my 40s, and it's starting to catch up to me. Weight lifting has been hard on my joints as well. I've had to change my gym routine drastically which kind of sucks, because I always enjoyed competition. In weight lifting you compete with yourself for max weight, etc.

It is what it is though, and everyone is different due to genetic reasons. I'm happy for people that can go into their 60s and 70s with little joint pain.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:41 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,128,623 times
You are just one serious illness away from feeling it at any age. In my case it was pronounced and sudden at 69. Recovered mobility and other things, but the body is operating at 1/3 previous capacity and probably will never be any better than that. Enjoy what you have, don't fret about what you lost.

Old 02-04-2020, 09:35 PM

838 posts, read 520,360 times
38 for me.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:23 PM

4,315 posts, read 1,938,237 times
I'm in my 60s, have had some major health issues and plenty joint pain, but occasionally realize that I think of myself as young--as if I'm still in my 20s or 30s. What the heck happened!?!

Old 02-04-2020, 10:45 PM

11,261 posts, read 10,820,956 times
I started feeling my age when I hit 40. At that time, I was obese, had recently diagnosed medical problems, sedentary and ate a crap diet.

Fast forward to my current age - 44. Most of the time I feel much younger. I lift weights, exercise, lost 70 lbs, eat better. Health improved. Especially because of the lifting I feel way younger. I just started training in my 40s and it's GREAT! Call it a revival.

However, there are times when I'm reminded I'm a middle aged woman -- I got injured due to a training injury and it took a long while to heal. Obviously the trainer was a bit negligent and I was too high on my newfound strength and muscle gains.

My arthritis kicks in now and it's hard for me to walk up stairs. Yes, all of the lifting in the world and I am still having bad days and s-l-o-w-l-y ascending stairs :/

Maintaining my weight take vigilance too...I just can't burn calories like I used to twenty years ago.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:35 PM

883 posts, read 232,435 times
I am in my mid 50s. The only thing I noticed is my eyesight and I now sleep more (6-8 hours a night). Interesting in that I no longer need glasses in order to drive as my farsightedness was cured by age. That being said reading small print is now a challenge.

It has been sort of an inverted bell shaped curve for me, when young, a semi-professional to professional athlete, then in my 30s I focused on business up until my 50s,and my fitness level fell, then once financially secure I had more time to work out again. I took up MMA in my late 40s early 50s. Today I swam 1.25 miles, walked 8 mile (to the store and back), taught a martial arts class and sparred for 45 minutes. Can't say I feel much different than in my 20s, except my ACLs are shot so I no longer do lateral movements and am "knee conscious" so I only throw front kicks and leg check to spare my knees from the torque of a sidekick or roundhouse kick. I am on no meds, blood pressure today 109/83 heart rate at 64.

The big change is now how hard the weather hits me. Rain storms make me very sleepy. I cannot grasp that but they do; they make me just want to curl up and sleep or groggily listen to the rain and thunder.

I hope in about 2-3 years to be fully retired and train to bicycle coast to coast. I figure once retired I'll be teaching martial arts each day, working out, swimming, biking, hiking most every day, so I tend to think the best part is yet ahead at least for a decade and half or so. We shall see if father time makes a fool out of me.

Sex drive actually has increased to surpass what it was in my youth. I think that has a lot to do with the simple fact I have less stress and am no longer worried about building a future and simply now can enjoy the moment.

Honestly I never felt better.

Ah, now I can add one definite issue, I heal slower and my skin cuts, abrades far easier. Okay, so there is the old age thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or