U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 07:42 PM

5,491 posts, read 6,730,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLB75 View Post
I go on the elliptical, walk, ride my bike and feel fine. But when I’m scrubbing the stove or bending over scrubbing the floor I feel like my heart is beating fast and have to catch my breath. I check my Fitbit and it’s maybe 110 at the most. When I’m working out at my pulse is at 140 I feel fine. It’s maybe from using muscles I don’t use much? (I don’t deep clean as much as I should or get maids). Or could it be something else? Anyone else have more issues cleaning than working out?

You mentioned you are 40 lbs. overweight. This is a major contributing factor. I'll be the extra fat is affecting your breathing when you are bent over. I know because I have gained a few inches in my waist and I can feel it when I bend over. The other contributing factor is you are doing work/exercise that you don't do on a regular basis. I do all kinds of exercise including serious weightlifting, yet when I shovel the snow on my driveway, I am out of breadth and and feel it the next day. Our bodies get used to regular exercise but when we do something different, we feel the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstaff View Post
OK here's my story. Can't say for sure what you're feeling is what I was feeling, and I don't know how old you are, but you've established that you work out regularly, often, and vigorously. Is that correct?

You are getting excessive aerobic exercise. I know. Nobody is going to believe that crap. It is a real thing. It took two yrs for doctors to diagnose it properly of maybe they didn't want to. A cardiologist who was also a marathon runner finally confirmed what I had suspected but couldn't prove or even believe myself. He suggested not getting so much aerobics and doing some sprinting and weightlifting.

Of course I would advise you get some sort of cardio screening at this point since ya never can tell. I did the treadmill, the 24 hours monitor thing, and a some kind of ultra-sound scan to make sure I didn't have an actual heart problem. All systems were Green and Go. Just couldn't catch my breath and my heart was "wiggy" as far as regulating itself in variable conditions. Especially involving bending and stooping. But I could ride a stationary bike all day at 190bpm at age 47.

No, totally wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 08:07 PM

654 posts, read 396,541 times
Quote:
You are getting excessive aerobic exercise.

Quote:
No, totally wrong.

Sorry but you can only be wrong in this instance. I lived it and have the knowledge. You lack any ability to comment correctly due to lack of knowledge. You are free to think whatever you want and know in your heart what is true but that doesn't mean it is true. Sorry. Wrong

Old 02-09-2020, 08:36 PM

5,491 posts, read 6,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstaff View Post
Sorry but you can only be wrong in this instance. I lived it and have the knowledge. You lack any ability to comment correctly due to lack of knowledge. You are free to think whatever you want and know in your heart what is true but that doesn't mean it is true. Sorry. Wrong

She stated that she, "goes on the elliptical, walk, ride my bike." What in that sentence leads you to believe she is getting excessive aerobic exercise? What exactly is excessive aerobic exercise? There are people who run over 100 miles a week or more. I would consider that excessive, not what she is doing.

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

9,174 posts, read 6,853,189 times
Being hunched over i think you aren't able to fill your lungs in the same way you can while riding a bike or running on a treadmill. So your heart works harder. Just like if you held your breath to run up two flights of stairs.

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

500 posts, read 969,812 times
Quote:
I go on the elliptical, walk, ride my bike and feel fine. But when I’m scrubbing the stove or bending over scrubbing the floor I feel like my heart is beating fast and have to catch my breath. I check my Fitbit and it’s maybe 110 at the most. When I’m working out at my pulse is at 140 I feel fine. It’s maybe from using muscles I don’t use much? (I don’t deep clean as much as I should or get maids). Or could it be something else? Anyone else have more issues cleaning than working out?
Could be orthostatic intolerance, otherwise known as POTS.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

5,175 posts, read 1,376,121 times
Quote:
Same here. I'd like to know, as well. I can walk laps around the mall, lake, track, and feel refreshed, but any bending / stooping / lifting such as what's required when detailing hard-to-reach parts of an SUV wear me out in much less time.

Following this thread.

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM

9,248 posts, read 4,066,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Could be orthostatic intolerance, otherwise known as POTS.
The very rare condition YOU were just diagnosed with? What are the chances of that?

Occam's Razor is a thing.

Old Today, 09:24 AM

439 posts, read 157,670 times
Please visit your doctor. I noticed some shortness of breath when doing housework and they found some moderate aortic stenosis. My point is it could be a number of possibilities that cause your rapid heart rate when doing vigorous aerobic cleaning. It could be lung-related, a treatable heart issue, or something else. Better to find out if something is going on or if it’s simply the bending over that’s making it harder to breathe fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness