Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 10:43 AM

18,735 posts, read 8,343,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I just got my results from my blood test. I believe it was testing for anemia, thyroid, magnesium and other things. Either, way, I am not happy to see that every test was in normal range. That sounds good but doesn’t that mean I am more likely to have an actual heart problem? I will go over the results with my cardiologist but again, if everything is normal, it can’t be anything that he was suspecting.

Does anyone know what acronym that magnesium is on the test. I see hemoglobin, wbc, Rbc, etc. looks like 41 different items.
Mg

Old 04-30-2020, 01:03 PM

3,264 posts, read 2,306,598 times
Hmm. No Mg on the test

Old 04-30-2020, 01:04 PM

7,121 posts, read 4,958,534 times
Quote:
…. I am not happy to see that every test was in normal range. .

Don't you just HATE it when they tell you you're healthy?

Old 04-30-2020, 01:39 PM

18,735 posts, read 8,343,958 times
Quote:
Hmm. No Mg on the test
No real worries. It would be very unusual for you to have low serum mag without some other serious medical condition or a medication, like a diuretic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hypomagnesemia#causes

Even with normal mag levels, mag supplements somehow suppress arrhythmias in many patients. And that OTC mag doesn't seem to raise serum mag levels.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Don't you just HATE it when they tell you you're healthy?
I do when they never have an answer to what is wrong.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:56 AM

14,801 posts, read 11,951,796 times
Quote:
I do when they never have an answer to what is wrong.
Maybe your cardiologist will have an answer. You might have some sort of a cardiac arrhythmia, but many, if not most, of those are more annoyances, not life threatening, and can be well controlled with life style changes and medications so they don't ruin your life.

Fingers crossed for you that whatever your news might be, it'll be something you can handle well, and breathe a huge sigh of relief over.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:50 AM

Thanks. I think I have an appointment later this month.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:17 AM

17,455 posts, read 38,850,828 times
Quote:
Thanks. I think I have an appointment later this month.
trusso - you might check out some videos and articles on the relationship between the stomach, digestion and vagus nerve in relation to palps. My occasional palps are caused by stomach issues. Sometimes even lying on my right side at night will trigger racing heart or palps (vagus nerve issue) They were a lot worse several years ago, as in most of the time but these days are only occasional. I have lost weight and done a lot of exercise and really watch my health and digestion.

Good luck, chances are whatever you have is benign.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:46 PM

Oddly, I have pain in my lower abdomen for the past five years. It really has no impact on me unless my young daughter pushes into it or something. When I press down, it is a bad pain but normally it is fine. I haven’t been hungry in the morning for as long as this issue. Went to a gas to guy a few years back. Did an endoscopy, sonogram, xrays, cholenoscopy, blood tests. of course every test came back perfect. So, on paper, I am perfect. Even with this heart stuff. But the palpitations are real as is the lower abdomen pain. I went to another gastro guy in November and he was the to do another colonoscopy. I said forget it. I just had one a year and a half ago.

Anyway, maybe the abdomen issues are related to my heart.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:51 AM

14,801 posts, read 11,951,796 times
Quote:
Oddly, I have pain in my lower abdomen for the past five years. It really has no impact on me unless my young daughter pushes into it or something. When I press down, it is a bad pain but normally it is fine. I haven’t been hungry in the morning for as long as this issue. Went to a gas to guy a few years back. Did an endoscopy, sonogram, xrays, cholenoscopy, blood tests. of course every test came back perfect. So, on paper, I am perfect. Even with this heart stuff. But the palpitations are real as is the lower abdomen pain. I went to another gastro guy in November and he was the to do another colonoscopy. I said forget it. I just had one a year and a half ago.

Anyway, maybe the abdomen issues are related to my heart.
Hard to tell, but in any case I think I remember you mentioned in earlier posts that you had those heart palpitations for (?) at least an hour a time or two while you were wearing the cardiac monitor. That should give your cardiologist some information as to the nature of those arrhythmias/tachycardia
or whatever is going on there while you're experiencing the palpitations. That's valuable information, and you can go from there.

The normal lab results just rule out electrolyte imbalances or possible thyroid issues as a cause for the palpitations.

Hopefully you'll get some answers, maybe reassurance, and/or a plan to manage those palpitations from your cardiologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness