U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 02:25 PM

26 posts, read 5,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I think I may have had the same thing last week. Luckily it came and went within 4 days. I had all the same symptoms that you did but I was super dizzy....yes I think it was the flu.
From seeing your location, I don't live too far from you...so maybe something is going around this area? I thought the flu lasted a lot longer than this though.

I'm just glad that I don't have to miss weeks of school/work (knock on wood) that's what I was worried about about the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 02:27 PM

1,437 posts, read 406,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froscow View Post
On Sunday morning (48 hrs ago), I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat..nothing more. Later that night, I started getting body chills and a headache...it came on very fast. Yesterday I had low-grade fever, EXTREME fatigue, bad headache, and chest congestion. My nose wasn't stuffy though and my throat wasn't sore. Last night my fever was about 101...it just broke. I feel slightly better, but my nose is a little stuffy now and chest is still congested. Haven't slept well at all. Going to see the doctor tomorrow.

I was hoping it was just a cold but this feels different.. just because of how fast it came on.
Most likely a flu, but another consideration : any chances of you being bitten by a tick? Even in the Northern States- the winter is mild and the ticks are active above 33 degrees, it could be in your yard, the dig could bring it on the fur, etc

Ticks can spread more than 10 diseases at once- similar symptoms to yours- “hit by a truck”, extreme fatigue, bad headache, no runny nose usually- keep that in mind

https://www.tickcheck.com/order

Old 02-11-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Most likely a flu, but another consideration : any chances of you being bitten by a tick? Even in the Northern States- the winter is mild and the ticks are active above 33 degrees, it could be in your yard, the dig could bring it on the fur, etc

Ticks can spread more than 10 diseases at once- similar symptoms to yours- “hit by a truck”, extreme fatigue, bad headache, no runny nose usually- keep that in mind

https://www.tickcheck.com/order
I haven't been out in any fields or wooded areas lately. I also wear long pants and jacket when I'm outside too. No rashes or anything either.

I didn't know ticks could be active in that cold of a temperature. I always associate them with summer and spring. I learn something new everyday!

Old 02-11-2020, 11:24 PM

1,549 posts, read 505,592 times
Quote:
From seeing your location, I don't live too far from you...so maybe something is going around this area? I thought the flu lasted a lot longer than this though.

I'm just glad that I don't have to miss weeks of school/work (knock on wood) that's what I was worried about about the most.
One of the products that I swear by is Zanes brand oil of oregano. I buy it online at Amazon. It’s very concentrated and strong. If you purchase the trick is to put 3 or 4 drops in a pint glass, then fill it full of water and drink. It will burn going down but it’s a great for fighting colds and flu.

I still got the flu but I think the oil of oregano helps.

Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM

12,640 posts, read 11,250,914 times
Still think it was the flu. Everyone responds differently and some get over it fast. Different strains affect people differently too. Cold don't come on so fast like that.

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

5,590 posts, read 5,509,327 times
Quote:
On Sunday morning (48 hrs ago), I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat..nothing more. Later that night, I started getting body chills and a headache...it came on very fast. Yesterday I had low-grade fever, EXTREME fatigue, bad headache, and chest congestion. My nose wasn't stuffy though and my throat wasn't sore. Last night my fever was about 101...it just broke. I feel slightly better, but my nose is a little stuffy now and chest is still congested. Haven't slept well at all. Going to see the doctor tomorrow.

I was hoping it was just a cold but this feels different.. just because of how fast it came on.
Now I don't know if you're contagious through the computer but I responded to you yesterday morning and felt completely fine. I got to work and felt fine. Right after I got there, little by little I felt worse and worse. The throat became sore and by the end of my shift, my head hurt, my throat was very sore, my entire body ached, my joints were killing me, etc. I got home and took a lot of OTC crap.

I woke up today and I don't feel great I feel a lot better. Definitely not the flu (because I've had that and it's horrible)---too short and not severe enough. I'm leaning toward one of the other viruses that mimics the flu on a milder scale.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Now I don't know if you're contagious through the computer but I responded to you yesterday morning and felt completely fine. I got to work and felt fine. Right after I got there, little by little I felt worse and worse. The throat became sore and by the end of my shift, my head hurt, my throat was very sore, my entire body ached, my joints were killing me, etc. I got home and took a lot of OTC crap.

I woke up today and I don't feel great I feel a lot better. Definitely not the flu (because I've had that and it's horrible)---too short and not severe enough. I'm leaning toward one of the other viruses that mimics the flu on a milder scale.
Similar to mine in how fast it came on. No sore throat or joint pain for me though.

Yesterday during the day I was feeling significantly better..but then early evening I started getting chills again and my temp was slightly elevated, Also lots of nasal congestion, sneezing and watery eyes...felt like I was having hay fever or something. Took an antihistimine, had a decent nights sleep and I feel a lot better now...but let's see how I do tonight. Whatever this is, it's definitely strange.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

1,437 posts, read 406,176 times
Quote:
I haven't been out in any fields or wooded areas lately. I also wear long pants and jacket when I'm outside too. No rashes or anything either.

I didn't know ticks could be active in that cold of a temperature. I always associate them with summer and spring. I learn something new everyday!
That rash after bite may not be present in more than 50-70% of tick bites.

In the link below you find probably too much information- but you could scroll to the maps to determine which tick borne diseases are most prevalent in your area and look up the symptoms.
https://extension2.missouri.edu/ipm1032

https://nysipm.cornell.edu/sites/nys...k-FAQ-list.pdf

Old Today, 12:33 AM

15,384 posts, read 20,487,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
If you are not afraid of it turning into the Corona virus why are you going to the doctor?

If you can get a doctor to prescribe Tamiflu in the first 48 hours after symptoms occur, that med can reduce the symptoms and shorten the flu by a couple of days. That's one reason to go to the doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness