U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 06:48 AM

26 posts, read 5,071 times

Advertisements

On Sunday morning (48 hrs ago), I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat..nothing more. Later that night, I started getting body chills and a headache...it came on very fast. Yesterday I had low-grade fever, EXTREME fatigue, bad headache, and chest congestion. My nose wasn't stuffy though and my throat wasn't sore. Last night my fever was about 101...it just broke. I feel slightly better, but my nose is a little stuffy now and chest is still congested. Haven't slept well at all. Going to see the doctor tomorrow.

I was hoping it was just a cold but this feels different.. just because of how fast it came on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 07:27 AM

5,590 posts, read 5,509,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froscow View Post
On Sunday morning (48 hrs ago), I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat..nothing more. Later that night, I started getting body chills and a headache...it came on very fast. Yesterday I had low-grade fever, EXTREME fatigue, bad headache, and chest congestion. My nose wasn't stuffy though and my throat wasn't sore. Last night my fever was about 101...it just broke. I feel slightly better, but my nose is a little stuffy now and chest is still congested. Haven't slept well at all. Going to see the doctor tomorrow.

I was hoping it was just a cold but this feels different.. just because of how fast it came on.
Could also be a number of other viruses that have similar symptoms. When I have the flu I know it because it's just way worse than the other viruses out there besides those that cause colds.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:57 AM

12,640 posts, read 11,250,914 times
Yes, that is the main symptoms of the flu. Usually don't get a fever or extreme body aches/fatigue from colds.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:10 AM

5,626 posts, read 6,817,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froscow View Post

If you are not afraid of it turning into the Corona virus why are you going to the doctor?

Old 02-11-2020, 10:33 AM

4,720 posts, read 5,003,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
If you are not afraid of it turning into the Corona virus why are you going to the doctor?
Yea, this. Really, what do you think a Dr. is going to do? Confirm it is the flu and tell you to go home, go to bed and drink plenty of fluids.

From what I have heard, that is all they are doing for the Coronavirus other then quarantine.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:46 AM

1,392 posts, read 831,299 times
Yes, flu seems to come on suddenly or very quickly. Colds come on more gradually in comparison.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 AM

735 posts, read 244,592 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Yea, this. Really, what do you think a Dr. is going to do? Confirm it is the flu and tell you to go home, go to bed and drink plenty of fluids.

From what I have heard, that is all they are doing for the Coronavirus other then quarantine.
Things dont "turn into" the coronavirus. Its a seperate virus.

And there is treatment for the flu, Tamiflu is an antiviral. Some people act like its absurd to treat the flu but it shortens recovery. And this years flu is very serious so getting confirmation that its the flu will make people aware to look for worsening symptoms.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:29 AM

5,626 posts, read 6,817,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Things dont "turn into" the coronavirus. Its a seperate virus.

And there is treatment for the flu, Tamiflu is an antiviral. Some people act like its absurd to treat the flu but it shortens recovery. And this years flu is very serious so getting confirmation that its the flu will make people aware to look for worsening symptoms.
I know things don't turn into the Corona virus. It was a figure of speech for the OP who may, or may not have a legitimate reason for thinking it may be Corona.

The OP also said they were starting to feel better so why not save the trip? They will be past the 48 hours of Tamiflu being helpful, which usually only takes a day off of recovery time anyway. And then the expense of the visit and the medication.

Why put yourself through the hassle of getting to the doctor when they realistically cannot do much of anything, all the time spreading germs all over the place?

Old 02-11-2020, 02:00 PM

26 posts, read 5,071 times
Well it's looking like it's not the flu (I hope!). 48 hours after first symptoms I feel much better. Fever gone, no headache, energy is coming back. Still have a nasty cough and some chest congestion though. It's weird...it came on so fast and then seems to be leaving just as fast. I've heard norovirus can come on fast and go fast like that but I didn't have the vomiting and diarrhea symptoms of it so it can't be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Quote:
Why put yourself through the hassle of getting to the doctor when they realistically cannot do much of anything, all the time spreading germs all over the place?
How are you both so sure they can't do anything? Years ago, I had bacterial bronchitis which I mistook for a "bug". It gradually ended up getting worse and turns out I needed a course of antibiotics for it. If I hadn't gone to the doctor, it could have progressed to something worse like pneumonia. As for spreading germs, doctors offices have masks.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:09 PM

1,549 posts, read 505,592 times
I think I may have had the same thing last week. Luckily it came and went within 4 days. I had all the same symptoms that you did but I was super dizzy....yes I think it was the flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness