Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 08:53 PM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
As someone else has already said - call the pharmacy and ask them to retrieve the rx from the doctor.
The OP is on an assistance program from Allergan. There is no pharmacy involved. Meds are shipped direct to doctor.

See https://media.allergan.com/actavis/a...s-newphone.pdf

"Once the application is approved a 90 day supply of the requested medication(s) or device(s) will be shipped to the applicant’s licensed prescriber for dispensing."

"
Where can the medication(s) be shipped?
o
Your medication must be shipped to your physicians’ office."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 10:43 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
All they have to do is call for the refill. Is it even legal for them to be audio recording a patient and letting someone else hear it without the patient's consent?
Yes its legal, I had a girlfreind who did the transcript typing at a major hospital.
I would go back and demand they call it in , takes 2 seconds.
I do it all the time.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:16 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
After reading several of the OP's posts, I think I finally understand what's going on (besides general incompetence).

These assistant programs the OP talks about...are financial assistance, in the form of free prescription medications, for those who qualify.

The nurses are in a huff because the OP has both regular insurance AND this financial assistance qualification. They think it's wrong to use govt money (or wherever it comes from), when someone pays for insurance to cover that medication.

So because of that, and because she's on financial assistance at all, she gets treated shabbily. I've heard tales of people on Medicaid getting treated badly sometimes.

There are rules, I think, that govern insurance vs. other insurance or financial assistance. One is usually primary, and the others secondary. And some financial assistance programs, like Medicaid, don't apply, if there is insurance. But in the OP's case, the assistance program she's enrolled in must know she has insurance, and they still will provide the medication. So she must meet the program's qualifications, whatever they are.

I think that's it, right? If so, then that's why the nurses are in a huff. Regular little busy bodies, aren't they? Maybe they don't have enough to do, since they're dwelling on how patients pay for their prescriptions.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:19 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
After reading several of the OP's posts, I think I finally understand what's going on (besides general incompetence).

These assistant programs the OP talks about...are financial assistance, in the form of free prescription medications, for those who qualify.

The nurses are in a huff because the OP has both regular insurance AND this financial assistance qualification. They think it's wrong to use govt money (or wherever it comes from), when someone pays for insurance to cover that medication.

So because of that, and because she's on financial assistance at all, she gets treated shabbily. I've heard tales of people on Medicaid getting treated badly sometimes.

There are rules, I think, that govern insurance vs. other insurance or financial assistance. One is usually primary, and the others secondary. And some financial assistance programs, like Medicaid, don't apply, if there is insurance. But in the OP's case, the assistance program she's enrolled in must know she has insurance, and they still will provide the medication. So she must meet the program's qualifications, whatever they are.

I think that's it, right? If so, then that's why the nurses are in a huff. Regular little busy bodies, aren't they? Maybe they don't have enough to do, since they're dwelling on how patients pay for their prescriptions.
What? That is a lot of assumptions. Many people go on medication assistance if a medication is expensive, but the issue is that the OP has a lot of medical issues and may have more than one medication. It is easy enough to get confused when 4 medications have to go to CVS and one has to go directly to the drug company.

Plus, based on the OP’s other complaints about his providers, it is no wonder that people don’t treat him all that well. It is a two-way street, and if you treat a nurse or other staff member poorly, how can you expect that not to affect the service you receive?

Old 02-19-2020, 08:06 AM

525 posts, read 339,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
What? That is a lot of assumptions. Many people go on medication assistance if a medication is expensive, but the issue is that the OP has a lot of medical issues and may have more than one medication. It is easy enough to get confused when 4 medications have to go to CVS and one has to go directly to the drug company.

Plus, based on the OP’s other complaints about his providers, it is no wonder that people don’t treat him all that well. It is a two-way street, and if you treat a nurse or other staff member poorly, how can you expect that not to affect the service you receive?
I only take 1 medication. It's not that hard. All she has to do is call the place for a refill. That's it.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:35 AM

7,515 posts, read 13,618,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
I only take 1 medication. It's not that hard. All she has to do is call the place for a refill. That's it.

Exactly!

How do I reorder my medication?
o
Please contact your physician and ask him/her to fax in a prescription to 1‐844‐708‐0036 or your physician can call +1 844 4AGN PAP (+1 844‐424‐6727)and request a reorder through our automated system."

https://media.allergan.com/actavis/a...s-newphone.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness