U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 10:28 AM

4,909 posts, read 2,230,550 times

Advertisements

Update: still haven't heard from ENT office, but swelling is going down.

I don't know if it's because I switched to ibuprofen or because whatever it is has decided to go away on its own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 03:41 PM

Almost better, and still no word from the ENT.
I think I inhaled a tiny bit of something, possibly a cactus spine, and it was irritating the nasal passages. The day before it was noticeably improved, a tiny blood clot blew out. I think that was whatever I had inhaled, encased in blood and mucous. A nose pearl.

I still want to see the ENT to figure out why I'm having such trouble. If it's the dry air or allergies, I'm thinking about moving because I can't take another winter like this.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:30 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,152,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Why keep going back to medical doctors when they aren't fixing the underlying cause. Try a homeopath. Also, colloidal silver nose spray, Neti pot nasal washes, steaming, getting off caffeine, changing your diet, etc. Good luck.
Nasal rinses help. Hot showers with a lot of steam help.

I've found though that conventional antibiotics are often the only way to really kill off a sinus infection. Sometimes, it can take two or three courses to do it too.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 62 times
I would check out r/sinus on reddit, they usually have good insight.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

I tried calling the ENT a few times but got a busy signal or was put on terminal hold, then...virus. The problem has resolved, I think it was a bit of cactus spine.

However, a month after I got the referral, the ENT texted my husband's cell to say they were open. That phone number isn't associated with me or my records, and hubby has never had anything to do with the ENT, so I don't know how they got the number.

Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM

5,806 posts, read 2,558,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I tried calling the ENT a few times but got a busy signal or was put on terminal hold, then...virus. The problem has resolved, I think it was a bit of cactus spine.

However, a month after I got the referral, the ENT texted my husband's cell to say they were open. That phone number isn't associated with me or my records, and hubby has never had anything to do with the ENT, so I don't know how they got the number.
Emergency contact? Most doctor’s offices do have that. They shouldn’t have sent that one over, but that’s probably how they got it.

Old Today, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Emergency contact? Most doctor’s offices do have that. They shouldn’t have sent that one over, but that’s probably how they got it.
No, I wouldn't have used that one, mostly because I can't remember it (my phone does). I checked my profile on the patient portal, that number isn't anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness