U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 02:41 PM

17 posts, read 5,075 times

Advertisements

Im not in the US at the moment but I'm American. Been on vacation. Not long ago, I noticed i know someone in my building who didn't felt too well and was sick... i was there for maybe 45 minutes or so. The thing is he elderly though. For some weird reason when i went back to my apartment, I didn't felt so right. Then again it could be my mind playing tricks on me. Where i'm located there was no cases of corona at the time. Now there are some but few cases but seems not in the city im at at though from what i read. I also eat these noodles that i buy at walmart that are well... if you read the back of the bag... say from China. Then i started to feel a little bit weird. Again, this might be my mind playing tricks on me. Such as worrying about it and then it make me not feel right. None of these should be a concern right? The thing is daily when i touch my head daily, i notice its a bit warm but not that warm. My ears feel warm a little as well the last month. Previously i was not like this or if i was, not like this. Then it could be nervousess anxiousness causing this? I know whenever im concerned about something, i get these feelings.

Now this is something im a bit concerned about. Few days ago when i was at walmart, as i was walking, this person who was walking right into my direction as we crossed each other coughed right into my face. This person was shorter than me but when that person coughed, their cough like hit my face directly. I immediately thought are you kidding me? I didn't say anything though. The next day or two, for some reason my head/ears feel a lot warmer. Now should this be a huge concern? The thing is i have been sleeping late everyday real late for years and when i get up, im really tired. But after what happened recently, i feel much more cold now/chilly. I usually don't wear a shirt when i sleep but now i have to because im literally freezing.

Also my throat has felt sore for weeks already. I even told my neighbor hey man after i came by your place like few weeks ago, i didn't felt good. He said i think too much and he says he doesn't feel sick anymore so that i felt good. He always has headaches though for many many years but his sickness he said he doesn't have that anymore. Now what concern/action should i take? I also felt the need to use the bathroom more and do number 2 etc. Previously i was not like that. So at first my concern was with going to my neighbors place when he felt sick for 45 minutes talking to him... shoud have not been there soon... then eating noodles that come from China... i read food in packages chances are slim so I thought it should be fine... but then the person coughed into me. Im much more concerned about the last situation now. But should i be concerned? I also noticed in the last few weeks, i been coughing which i don't do much. The thing is im thinking man when you read stuff like coronovirus, you suddenly start feeling all these symptoms etc. But i do have some symptoms here.

Also I know in many countries, they can test you really easily. But how long does that process take?

I'm pretty certain there is none of that testing here. And in the US, i heard it was like 3k usd without health insurance to get coronavirus testing done if you are able to get testing?

I know the more i think about something, it usually gets worst though. Should i just not think about it? I also don't interact or go out at all besides getting some groceries etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 02:48 PM

10,723 posts, read 4,865,477 times
You are being melodramatic and overreacting to scare fare news. Much of what you described has nothing to do with Covid-19. Warm ears? Food packaging that's been sitting on a store shelf for months? Going to the bathroom more often? Really? You included things that have gone on for months or even years. If you are actively SICK at this moment, have a fever and are having trouble breathing, call your GP or a local nursing help line and discuss it. Here's the skinny:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20479963

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-10-2020 at 03:01 PM..

Old 03-10-2020, 04:16 PM

6,663 posts, read 2,795,155 times
OP: See a doctor for your sore throat, fever, etc.

Old 03-10-2020, 04:27 PM

11,395 posts, read 22,217,010 times
You're not going to get sick from packaged food from China. Maybe you'll get sick from the person who coughed on you, maybe you won't. There are lots of causes of cough that aren't contagious, like asthma, allergy, copd, etc

That story about testing costing $3,000 is not true. If you're feeling sick, call your doctor and ask if you should be seen.

Old 03-10-2020, 04:29 PM

12,637 posts, read 17,690,113 times
You ever had flu?
That's your guide to what COVID symptoms are like.

Old 03-10-2020, 05:35 PM

17 posts, read 5,075 times
I honestly dont know if i ever had the flu. I don't get sick very often... if so very rarely. I checked the symptoms of the flu online and i might have gotten it once maybe twice at the most. Of course it could be none or more than that. Usually when im sick, its because of what i ate etc. But yea the cold as well.

Well if you think you have the coronavirus, aren't you going to infect the doctor as well? I wonder what the person on phone would say to you etc. Cant imagine they want to see if you if you think you have it.

How much does it cost to get tested for coronavirus? You cant get it done in the US right?

Old 03-11-2020, 11:55 AM

10,723 posts, read 4,865,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosam View Post
I honestly dont know if i ever had the flu. I don't get sick very often... if so very rarely. I checked the symptoms of the flu online and i might have gotten it once maybe twice at the most.

Well if you think you have the coronavirus, aren't you going to infect the doctor as well? I wonder what the person on phone would say to you etc. Cant imagine they want to see if you if you think you have it.
What you've had in the past doesn't make any difference. Its the PAST.

Don't you think a licensed MD knows how to protect themselves from some contagious disease one of their patients might have? I seem to recall reading one of the CDC releases that recommended calling your MD before showing up at their office worrying about Covid-19. Not only do you protect yourself from others who might be sick at their office (and I mean sick with flu, colds, and yes, potentially Covid-19), you are protecting the practice staff from what you might be carrying too. They can assess your concerns by phone and move on from there if it seems warranted.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-11-2020 at 12:23 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 12:04 PM

12,228 posts, read 21,672,269 times
Some people are convincing themselves that they have it when they have a little scratchy throat, someone around them coughed or something - call down people!

Old 03-11-2020, 02:41 PM

12,228 posts, read 21,672,269 times
That was supposed to be "calm" down

Old 03-11-2020, 05:43 PM

10,784 posts, read 9,469,041 times
A sore throat is not a sign of coronavirus.

The test is not wildly available and why would you care to take it? Even if you took the test and it came up positive, there is no cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or