Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 03:20 PM

8,008 posts, read 10,413,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Regarding daily activities ---aren't delivery trucks delivering their goods as usual?
Aren't the shelves gonna get filled back up?
I think people are more concerned about having to quarantine for a long period of time, not allowing them to go out to the stores to buy what they need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 03:30 PM

11,080 posts, read 17,518,738 times
I hear the best one yet about a paranoid toilet paper hoarder today. Was at one of the local Dollar Generals and the clerk was showing me the empty TP section. He said a lady came in yesterday, saw they had no toilet paper, and bought two big packages of paper towels. She told the clerk, she wasn't worried. She had scissors to cut it to size. lol

Old 03-13-2020, 04:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,945,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
For myself, I'm avoiding crowds in confined spaces and practicing more "social distancing" since I have an elderly mother that I help take care of. Wondering if I should avoid drive through food places and cook ALL meals at home now? Has coronavirus changed your daily activities? If so, how?
I am not going out on my days off. I am still required to be at work, so that is enough being out for me.

I am eating well and drinking more.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:13 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,147,429 times
No. I'm just more vigilant about washing my hands after being in a public place. I'm following the recommendations of one of my relatives, who is a doctor. Life, by its very nature, has risk. I'm going to live mine and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:57 PM

15,138 posts, read 27,747,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
No. I'm just more vigilant about washing my hands after being in a public place. I'm following the recommendations of one of my relatives, who is a doctor. Life, by its very nature, has risk. I'm going to live mine and let the chips fall where they may.
As it should be!

Old 03-13-2020, 05:16 PM

61 posts, read 73,266 times
We're all healthy here. Two sons at college who will be coming home. One was supposed to go to CO for break-we're cancelling the flight as we've decided unnecessary travel puts people at risk. As I tell my sons I'm not worried about them getting it but they are 21 and always socializing and probably don't have the best hygiene and I don't want them to be carriers killing grandparents.

Italy didn't take simple measures and now Northern Italy (one of my favorite places) has to triage care as hospitals are overwhelmed. That's what we want to prevent-a large # of older infected patients requiring ICU care & ventilators.

To me this is a civics lesson. How to be a good citizen. It isn't even hard. Just takes awareness and small efforts.

In my house-all outerwear is removed in the mudroom. I wipe anything coming in down with clorox or similar wipes, groceries, mail, amazon packages etc. I wear latex gloves shopping and discard when I'm done. As soon as you enter the house you wash your hands. I carry dried out clorox wipes in my pocket to use to open doors, use touchscreens, gas pumps. I disinfect my credit cards after use or every couple days. Same with phone, ipad, purses, backpacks.

None of this is hard. This is not a hoax. There is no need to panic. All we need to do is remain clam and take common sense measures to slow the spread and let it run it's course.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:19 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,183,757 times
I'm staying home as much as possible during the week. We've canceled our spring vacation and we'll be canceling our anniversary trip that we had booked in Las Vegas at the end of May. We're sticking close to home for the next several weeks. We are all healthy individuals, but we don't want to catch this and spread it to others who are older or have immune issues unknowingly since it can be passed on before you even develop symptoms.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:51 PM

15,138 posts, read 27,747,332 times
This may be a way for me to stop smoking! If there is some kind of shutdown or something I'll have no choice - Maybe a weeding out of people? LMAO

Old 03-13-2020, 07:48 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,337,469 times
I'm using hand sanitizer more than usual, at work and on the bus. Other than that...

Old 03-13-2020, 10:36 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,883,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Sure, but many stores are cutting back on their shelf inventory stock in anticipation of shoppers staying home.
If only they would double - no, triple! - their toilet paper orders!

Kroger's here (in central KY) was not only out of TP but also out of paper napkins. Apparently some are using them in lieu of TP. Need to check my home for extra paper napkins from the two social events I host each year.

Christmas napkins may look a bit odd in the bathroom in early spring, but may soon be the only choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness