Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 09:41 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,337,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You can buy a 10-pack of stylus for $10 at Walmart.
I did not know that. It would surely be more stylin'

Edited to add: at my walmart it's 3 for $10. Can't see why I'd need more anyway.

Last edited by crusinsusan; 03-13-2020 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Get an Instacart membership and you can have things delivered to your doorstep.
If those delivery companies deliver where you are, cool.

Did I respond to everyone??

Old 03-13-2020, 10:23 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,151,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
If one has a device it works on, then great. Does the phone touch the pad?
No, you lay the back of the phone on the screen or the plastic part where the tap and pay icon is. Use your fingerprint or face or code to identify yourself.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:30 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,151,738 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by a wallet on a cell phone. tap and pay I get...but then your phone is touching the pad...which other phones have touched. Right now there's a ton of online sites telling people how to clean their phones because they're so gross.

I thought everyone cleaned their phones regularly. I'm learning a lot about others these days.
I have an iPhone, one of the apps is called Wallet. On the Samsung phone which I think is an android, it’s an app called Samsung wallet.

You can enter your credit card into the Wallet, you can also enter coupons into your Wallet and airline tickets into your wallet so you don’t have to get paper tickets for that, you just show them your phone and they click on it — it’s very handy. Since I learned about how the credit card portion works I use my iPhone almost exclusively. It’s just safer.

And yes, I clean my phone a lot.

You don’t lay your phone on the keypad, you lay it somewhere on the screen. Still not sanitary, but better than a keypad.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:37 PM

hmmm. I'm going to look into that wallet. ty

Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 PM

1,159 posts, read 612,698 times
Or just put hand sanitizer after touching the touch screen....... Just saying. Calm down people

Old 03-13-2020, 11:27 PM

50,322 posts, read 35,948,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You have a wallet on your cell phone. Add your card into your wallet, and use tap and pay.

Two things — you don’t have to touch the store pad, just lay your phone on the sensor. Second, and more importantly — your card gets charged appropriately, but the store gets a one time use number, so if the store gets hacked, the information that the hackers get from them can’t be chased down to you because it no longer exists.

Tap and pay is a far safer way to shop.
You still have to touch the screen. Punch in the bar code number on your apples, punch in how many bunches of scallions you have, etc. Punch in what method you’re using to pay. Actual paying doesn’t usually require anything but sliding the card in. I don’t have to sign in most cases at least in the supermarket.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,250,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You could keep some Clorox wipes in your purse, and use them to wipe your hands, wipe the stylus, etc.
I just did hours ago before I read this - in a
snack size baggy - just to have around. Ha! And I did it with no worry - just
being smart, why not, right?
Thanks, a good reminder for everyone - for a cold bug, not even this Covid-19.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:08 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,250,785 times
Quote:
Were you able to sign with the surgical gloves? I use walmart pick-up often and it requires you to sign on a pad they keep in their pocket. The idea of other's index fingers having signed on it...well...having seen other drivers with their finger up their nose...totally gross to think of what others do. If I can sign without touching, all the better. Coronavirus or not. It's just that this thing has finally spurred me to do something about it.
Oh. And I tried the diy stylus at a restaurant for take-out today. It worked. The guy behind the counter said: "Oh. Good idea!"
I'll try signing with a surg glove today at this one store where you use your finger---
so far only had to tap it for No Cashback and it worked.
But, with a glove I don't mind having to sign.

I am amazed at so many places even over $100 I don't have to sign anymore.
Gonna wipe my credit cards in the morning! And whole wallet.
Like I do my phone and remote controls -having nothing to do with the Covid-19.
I'm sure my pets will give me enough germs to keep my immune system working!
I don't want my entire world sterile!
And ps - I'm very calm and also happy.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:27 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,291,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Gross. Never have to sign or touch anything at my grocery store or touch any of their equipment. Credit card goes in, accepts, I am not required to touch ANY buttons, and I take it out.

Wegmans. Voted America's favorite grocery store for many reasons. Like having an employee at the front cleaning every single cart handle bar with disinfectant as you come in.

Otherwise Apple Pay is a good option!
Most of our store also have the no sign if the sale is below a certain amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness