Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 10:07 AM

11,443 posts, read 620,640 times

Advertisements

I hope you feel better soon Katana

Icemolded: I am glad ya feel better!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 11:00 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,730,080 times
My husband had another bout of bronchitis back in the middle of February. I know he had a fever one night because I could feel the heat coming off of him when I went to bed. He had a bit of a runny nose, a severe headache, some congestion, and a cough that wouldn't stop. We went to the clinic about 3 weeks in. He was having a hard time breathing. He was given a nebulizer and sent home with another inhaler. He did develop a sore throat after a couple of weeks. He's finally on the mend but still has a bit of a dry cough. This is about 7 weeks later.

I did not get sick because I had something similar in at the end of September. This bug went straight to my chest, which I thought was unusual. I had no sore throat, just this constant rattle and wheezing. My nose ran constantly after it hit my chest. I would wake up with this violent cough like someone was sitting on my chest. I felt better after about 5 weeks, but it came back again and I went to the clinic at about week number 6. I was told that it was sinus/ allergy related. I was told to buy some cough medicine and Zyrtec. Do I think we both had Covid? No. There are plenty of other viruses circulating that can give you the same symptoms.

I wound up in the ER in Florida at my friends house with a 102 fever back in January and tested positive for flu. I had two days of fever and Tamiflu. I also take vitamin D every day. I was asymtomatic in 4 days and felt fine. That bronchitis in September? Not so much.

We have to trust the virologists that trace these things. They can determine where it came from and when. Do some research on what the virologists have found. It's an interesting read.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:19 PM

178 posts, read 280,628 times
One time I got sick back in August 2017. It started as a sore throat and lead to a fever. The sore throat and the fever went away but I was left with a lingering cough then a week later my fever came back and the cough got worse. Had to go to the doctor for antibiotics.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:15 PM

15,817 posts, read 21,331,208 times
I know there's little to no likelihood that I had it, but in early January I got super sick - but sick in a weird way. My nose wasn't too stuffy, but I had a lot of trouble breathing and just wanted to sleep. I would still think nothing of it, except I traveled over the holidays and sat with some Chinese international travelers on the plane. Didn't even occur to me.

After I got sick, my boyfriend went down about a week later. He never gets sick. Then both of his parents got it. They were both tested for the flu - his father is the only one among us who didn't get a flu shot and his test was positive, but his mom's test was negative. Sort of weird. Tamiflu worked on his dad (though it was a long recovery) but not on his mom.

By mid-Jan, everyone at work was sick. I didn't go back to work until the 7th and about 2 weeks later, several of my coworkers got really ill. One coworker was out sick for 3 weeks with lung issues.

It's so unlikely that it was COVID-19, but no one was testing then. It didn't even cross our minds.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:43 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 25 days ago)

34,577 posts, read 16,638,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
The "initial case of pneumonia cases" is simply when it raised enough red flags to be noticed. The fact that so many people are asymptomatic means it has been around for quite a while before that.

https://sciencespeaksblog.org/2020/0...ed-hypothesis/
Or that their resistance was and is high.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:35 PM

6,288 posts, read 2,836,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am in Boston and I thought I had it over new years week (into the first week of January) . I had a 103 fever, cough and respiratory issues that were serious enough for the doctor to order a chest X-ray and give me an asthma inhaler but wasn't serious enough to bother me that bad.

I do think I had it. Currently I am suffering issues with my health that are consistent with after effects of viruses like SARS, low WBC, liver enzymes elevated.

I am not prone to colds or the flu. My last serious cold was in 2014.
I think I could have gotten it at Symphony Hall. People from all over the world could be there since it is considered to be one of the best halls in the world. I see lots of Asian people there and maybe some had just come in from China. When they come out with the anti-body test I hope I can get it to find out if I've had it.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:53 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,280,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I had a bad bug at the end of January. I even passed out I was so sick. I didn't think it could be Covid because I didn't have respiratory problems. But now I heard not everyone has that. I could have had it and not known it. I had traveled to Boston where there was an early outbreak.
Well it is a bit too late to worry about it now: that was 2 months ago. As for not having any respiratory problems I have not heard that. I have always been heard and when we called our doctor about my husband cough and fever plus shortness of breath were what the medical profession are looking for. Without any of this, they do even do screening. My husband now has been tested, as he has a horrible cough and a sight temp. Results are not in yet, but he does have pneumonia.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:15 AM

21,581 posts, read 27,817,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Source?
It's false. They're mostly testing more severe cases that need medical attention. Mild cases are being turned away. This is largely to conserve medical equipment for the time being.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:58 AM

4,563 posts, read 5,623,927 times
Saw an article yesterday promoting the idea of giving people who have already had & recovered from COVID-19 a "free pass" including immunity from lockdown and "shelter in place" orders.

If an antibody test shows immunity to SARS-CoV2, you can go back to work, visit grandma in the hospital, and otherwise resume normal life.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:33 AM

7,143 posts, read 4,990,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Or that their resistance was and is high.

Or they were false positive on testing....It would take acute & convalescent antibody determinations to prove it one way or the other.

I'm suspicious that there are so many "asymptomatic carriers" with a bug that's so devastating to so many others. It don't jive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness