Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 06:44 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
I quoted him exactly, you quoted only part of his statement. I included that statement in my quote, I did not ignore it but look at what he said just prior "between 100,000 and 200,00 deaths" and what Dr Birx said was similar. It is the top but it is misleading to downplay it as not in the realm of possibilities.
One more time - I was responding to Jamin regarding her claim that Fauci predicted 200,000 deaths. That was from Sunday, before Birx made any statements regarding any numbers; she is not a factor in this conversation. You need to see this in the proper context. The question here is NOT about "the realm of possibilities," it is about what Fauci actually said. Here is what Jamin wrote:
"Today I'm hearing on NPR now, Faucci is predicating 200K worldwide from the CoronaV."
(she later corrected that to indicate just the US, not worldwide)

That was wrong. He was NOT predicting that exact number, he was citing statistical modeling scenarios. In the same conversation in which he explained modeling and how he had never seen a worst case scenario prove out; the video is posted above along with the times when he made certain comments. I even suggested that NPR got it wrong or she misunderstood. Her post is number five here; I responded to her in number twelve.

I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you. The man did NOT say what she claimed he did.

If you choose to respond in disagreement simply provide a direct quote from Doctor Fauci saying what Jamin wrote in post number five without qualifiers. Do not paraphrase; do not quote anyone else paraphrasing his words or any news organization paraphrasing him. The unedited video is there for anyone interested in precisely what he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 12:24 AM

972 posts, read 541,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Fauci is forever predicting, he does not know it all...who does?????
Nobody can possibly know, because it depends largely on how diligently people follow the protocols. But he is part of a team of epidemiologists who are analyzing the data and can model what range of numbers we're likely to see. If we see different numbers, it doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know what he was talking about. It just means the on-the-ground interactions of people affected the numbers differently from what the data suggested. The bigger point is that we're clearly in a pandemic that is already overwhelming hospitals, and people need to do all they can to help bring the numbers down.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That's right. The 1918 flu most likely started in rural Haskell Cournty, Kansas, where a doctor there was the first to report it. A farmer there with pigs, chickens, visiting wild ducks and geese, mud, unsanitary conditions... all ideal conditions for a virus to make the jump from critter to people.
There is not definite answer about the origins of the Spanish Flu. Some say Asia, and some others don't. The only thing all agree with is that it did not originate in Spain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC340389/
Quote:
Historians and epidemiologists have previously ignored Haskell most likely because his report was not published until April and it referred to deaths on March 30, after influenza outbreaks elsewhere. In actuality, by then the county was free of influenza. Haskell County, Kansas, is the first recorded instance anywhere in the world of an outbreak of influenza so unusual that a physician warned public health officials. It remains the first recorded instance suggesting that a new virus was adapting, violently, to man.
Now, one thing to keep in mind is that arguing among ourselves would probably increase the likelihood of hear attacks. Not a good time to go to a hospital

Last edited by RayinAK; 04-02-2020 at 01:05 AM..

Old 04-02-2020, 03:41 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
My apologies. Should have written "heart attacks" instead.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:29 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
My apologies. Should have written "heart attacks" instead.
I guessed that, but the first time I read it I thought it said bear attacks!

Old 04-03-2020, 03:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
The Asian Flu in 1956 killed between one and four million people worldwide. SARS in 2002 infected 8,098 and killed 774 in seventeen counties. H7N9 emerged ten years later to strike at least 1,223 people and kill four out of every ten of them. Now, the milder, yet more infectious COVID-19 has sickened more than 70,000 across the globe, resulting in 1,771 deaths.

All of these outbreaks originated in China, but why? Why is China such a hotspot for novel diseases?

Is this your opinion or is it based on verifiable facts.if so how about a link to those verifiable facts.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:10 AM

13 posts, read 4,768 times
Very interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU&t=525s

Is it the truth who knows? But it doesnt sound like a coincedence that a lab working on this stuff was so close the suspected market where it originated.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:12 AM

13 posts, read 4,768 times
Here's another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bXWGxhd7ic

Old 04-23-2020, 11:42 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What does everyone think about this one:

We probably can't avoid 5G, take some extra magnesium and walk barefoot on the ground/beach may help.
Vitamin C has been mistreated by conventional medicine for over 60 years, just how much longer can we avoid facing the impact of electrical technology on life? Without life, technology or money has no purpose.

2003 - 3G introduced to the world
2003 - SARS outbreak

2009 - 4G introduced to the world
2009 - Swine flu outbreak

2020 - 5G introduced to the world
2020 - Coronavirus outbreak

I'm amazed that 60gHz MM waves were first demonstrated in 1897.

J. C. Bose:

https://www.cv.nrao.edu/~demerson/bose/bose.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness