Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 07:43 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
What I'm looking for is evidence that properly cooked meat/eggs poses any risk, and I didn't find it (but didn't search exhaustively).
Of course not.. that would sure as heck destroy the chicken / egg industry but also rarely are such things able to be proven with specificity. While I do have my doubts that this could be a thing.. as I said about 97 times now... no matter what, I want to reduce my egg intake.

If it makes you happy just assume I woke up one day and Jesus came to me and said "thee shall not eat so many eggs."

I got some really good ideas on here everyone. Thanks to those that were on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 07:44 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
While I love some brands of veggie sausage, and fake chicken and beef, realize these ARE just another processed food, with the some of the same drawbacks as other more traditional processed foods.

Just because it is breakfast you don't have to eat "breakfast" food. Eat any food that is within your diet requirements any time of the day.

I will probably have a salad this morning, because it's healthy and it sounds good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2020, 08:52 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I have definitely gotten too into eggs for breakfast.

Recently I found out they should be severely limited - but I have forgotten what to eat that isn't eggs. Also don't want to make the mistake of eating carbs and just find myself with a new problem.

I can eat egg beaters but what are other options.
Stop thinking you have to eat "breakfast" food.

What do you eat for lunch and dinner? If it tastes good to you for lunch and dinner, why wouldn't it taste good to you for breakfast?

One of my favorite meals for breakfast is soup. Seems to hit the same spot that hot cereal does.

Personally, I prefer to eat food my grandmother would recognize. Those "food-you-shouldn't-eat substitute" thingies make me nervous. OK once in a while, but I'd never rely on a "substitute" food as a mainstay. But if I'm only going to eat the substitute once in a while, I might as well just skip the substitute and eat the real thing once in a while. Much more satisfying.

And BTW, I hope you avoid both myeloma and non-Hodgkins. Two people dear to me have non-Hodgkins, and while many people can and do live well with it for years, it is definitely better to not have it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 04-03-2020 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2020, 11:32 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Of course not.. that would sure as heck destroy the chicken / egg industry but also rarely are such things able to be proven with specificity. While I do have my doubts that this could be a thing.. as I said about 97 times now... no matter what, I want to reduce my egg intake.

If it makes you happy just assume I woke up one day and Jesus came to me and said "thee shall not eat so many eggs."

I got some really good ideas on here everyone. Thanks to those that were on topic.
I have a saying, some may think it’s kind of goofy, but we don’t know what we don’t know.

My father, after his heart attack, was told to not eat butter— saturated fat was very very bad. So he ate margarine. The man ate two poached eggs on margarined toast every single blessed day and seven years later had suffered a massive myocardial infarction and died.

Go forward a few years and we started hearing about this little nasty stuff called trans fats. Guess what margarine was.

I also have a personal belief that my father had diabetes. And because the numbers weren’t as low as they are now his was undiagnosed, or just brushed off. I say that because his mother and his brother were diabetics. His other brother died in his 40s from massive heart disease. I have it, and both my sisters are prediabetic. So it runs in the family.

Had the medical community known then what they know now my father probably wouldn’t have died, because he would’ve been put on a more suitable diet. But they didn’t know what they didn’t know. So frankly I think you’re wise in checking things out, looking at things and tweaking your diet, I see nothing wrong with that. It’s something I think we should all do.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:46 AM

962 posts, read 612,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arya stark View Post
doctors know less than cats about nutrition. I wouldn't trust anything they say on the matter with a 10 foot pole.

that "just eggs" option sounds great. In fact i saw they had a "just" line of food (mayo) that is vegan. I will try that.

Someone else also pointed out morning star farms "veggie" sausage links.
truth.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:35 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just because it is breakfast you don't have to eat "breakfast" food. Eat any food that is within your diet requirements any time of the day.

I will probably have a salad this morning, because it's healthy and it sounds good.

Yes. I am up 2-4 hours before I get hungry. The first thing I ate today was a fresh vegetable, mushroom and herb soup and it was a delicious vitamin powerhouse. We eat eggs occasionally but they are almost always part of an evening meal.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:48 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
Oh lord, just get liquid eggs; they are pasteurized and homogenized.

https://onthegas.org/food/liquid-eggs

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Val...16-oz/13925179

Old 04-03-2020, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
That is my business. Please answer the question or don't respond. geese.
Wow!!! You do realize if you do not want to share the reason it is pretty hard to give any answer. OK, now I read the rest of the thread and you did answer the question about why you are limiting eggs. I will add, lots of studies do not always mean anything or very little. You now have been given other alternatives to eating eggs for breakfast. What does your oncologist say about this or the nutritionist have to say? I don't mean some one claims a study showed this or that. Studies can show all kinds of things.

Last edited by nmnita; 04-03-2020 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,631 times
Do a google for low carb vegan or keto vegan. Its possible but tough row to hoe. All plant based foods have some carbs. But 150 to 200 gram carb diet quite possible.

I had to go low carb after diabetes diagnosis. Easiest way for me was to eliminate grain and potatoes and any other starchy food. Have been vegetarian most of my adult life. No taste for meat, but started using eggs to bind together flax seed meal and sunflower seed meal to make hotcakes for bread-like substitute. Without gluten you need some binder to hold it together. Now with the virus lockdown, people are buying up eggs so hard to buy quantity eggs I am used to, so have ordered some xanthan gum to bind together my oily seed hotcakes. The eggs were available local stores, the xanthan gum is one of those Amazon things. Not something home cooks tend to use.

Look low carb is hard enough, low carb vegetarian or vegan is very difficult. Get used to it, no magic bullet, you just tinker until you figure out system that meets your goal. I know it was difficult figuring out what I was going to eat after diabetes. Nice thing, low carb, one tends to eat lot less. I mostly eat low starch produce and oily seeds and nuts.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:58 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I just googled substitute for eggs, and got a plant based egg substitute called JUST eggs that apparently scrambles and “omelettes” just like eggs. I didn’t look to where you would get it.
Wow, I'm surprised no one has brought that product to the attention of the OP yet.

Oh, wait.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness