U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 08:03 PM

1,411 posts, read 752,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
But it's all a hoax to upend Trump's re-election they cried.
A Plague of Willful Ignorance

"...rejection of expertise, science and responsibility in general is killing us."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 12:25 PM

75,914 posts, read 88,791,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
A Plague of Willful Ignorance

"...rejection of expertise, science and responsibility in general is killing us."
How many of you realize a lot of the deaths being reported are actually not caused by CoVID but other underlining illnesses. WE have had 2 here in just the past few weeks where the victim was in hospice Does that tell you something or do you, who are panicing still think all the numbers we are seeing are 100 correct?

Old 06-23-2020, 12:28 PM

9,985 posts, read 7,265,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How many of you realize a lot of the deaths being reported are actually not caused by CoVID but other underlining illnesses. WE have had 2 here in just the past few weeks where the victim was in hospice Does that tell you something or do you, who are panicing still think all the numbers we are seeing are 100 correct?
Yes, COVID is taking 10, 20 years off of people's lives with conditions that were going to kill them anyways

But you can extend that to anybody, a car accident kills someone that was eventually going to die one day, but the car accident still killed him

Old 06-23-2020, 12:30 PM

75,914 posts, read 88,791,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Golly gee whiz! Maybe things SHOULD have been shut down to avoid at least some of those 1 million deaths? Are you/we PROUD of those deaths - did it show how tough we were? And now I suppose we're just wimps because we don't want as many to die? You must also enjoy cutting off your nose to cut your face.
Of course no one is proud or happy about the deaths. The point still is, we have lived through these types of things before. Many of you are just not old enough to realize this. Let me assure you, I do wear a mask when I go to a grocery store, a doctors office and at a few other places. I still am not going to stop living my life out of fear

Old 06-23-2020, 12:41 PM

12,646 posts, read 17,712,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
We have now doubled, tripled and quintupled every flu death season for the past decade. In under 4 months (typo in my post above). The last year/season left was:

2017/2018........Flu deaths 61000...... X 2 = 122000

2020 .............Covid Deaths.................... 122085 (=36% of total flu deaths of the last decade - within 4 months)

Total flu deaths for the last decade: ..........337200

This thing is not playing.

It's summer, and people are still getting it and dying. Fall will be here before we know it, and winter. Please, keep safe, stay home, if you have to go out, wear your mask, gloves too. Don't forget them at the gas pump either. So many are relaxing and it's dangerous. Keep your guard up.

It does seem the "it's just a flu" people have changed their minds. Well, most anyway. Though now, no one is saying it will magically disappear. The experts seem to agree that this is still the first wave, and we're a long way from done.

Cuz, it ain't the flu. And we have little idea about the long term heath consequences of this viscous virus.

Is it safe to presume that you have some sort of stable income source, allowing you to "stay home and not go out"? Indefinitely?
As, from what I have heard, unemployment help is ending next month...and then what? In country that has NO savings whatsoever and yes, winter coming?

You ever heard of confinement neurosis? Turning into psychosis?

Old 06-23-2020, 01:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 30,916,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Even if the victim was in hospice it was the virus that caused his death.

Even after the epidemic winds down and the numbers are compiled they will only be estimates. The cases are too widespread and there will be too many that go undiagnosed for there to ever be precise counts.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:49 PM

1,411 posts, read 752,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Is it safe to presume that you have some sort of stable income source, allowing you to "stay home and not go out"? Indefinitely?
As, from what I have heard, unemployment help is ending next month...and then what? In country that has NO savings whatsoever and yes, winter coming?
We're all, I hope, doing what we have to do. I do have a stable income. But my son must go to work, and does what he has to do. Mask/gloves when he HAS to go out. I didn't mean to imply no one should go to work.....everyone has to make their own decision about that. But one can avoid going into stores, restaurants, beaches, pools, fairs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You ever heard of confinement neurosis? Turning into psychosis?
Are you saying those sheltering at home are becoming psychotic? And therefore need to go to out? Or is it an unnecessary personal shot?

To an earlier post...so many keep throwing around the words: fear...panic. When what's being discussed is smart....like a seat belt: We aren't panicking or living in fear when we put one on - it's just smart.

Old Today, 03:29 PM

558 posts, read 187,750 times
does it matter take the disease serious it kills and is spreading more selfdistancing masks stay home no gatherings of people it sucks but is what it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or