Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 12:06 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,148,260 times

Advertisements

Yes. I have COVID fatigue.
The love of my life died in his mid-50's. Cancer. He went down swinging.
His passion for life, even at the end, inspires mine.
I'm ready to resume life, risks and all.
Bring it.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:09 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times
Nope, not for a while. My county isn't opening yet, and even when it does, I don't feel the need to frequent places where there are other people. Not yet. I could see where we would maybe get together with some neighbors at their homes, but only if they are also staying at home and haven't been around others. At least for now. I have T2 diabetes and high blood pressure and am not young. The worst part is having kids who live on opposite coasts when you live in the middle. But nobody wants to travel and family does not want us to travel. I'm hopeful that in a few months, greater understanding will be gained about this disease, and along with that, knowledge about treatments that might help. Until then, the skies are sunny, my neighborhood has mountain views and is great for walking and biking, food is relatively plentiful and can be picked up at the curb, and the electronics are working. I can wait.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:20 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
You're certainly going to get different answers on a forum that skews older like C-D than if you asked a group of people who were under, say, 50. Or even 60.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:39 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
I live in NC and our stay at home order doesn't expire until May 8th. We are going to open in phases and I plan to follow the phases of our reopening. I went WFH when this started in mid-March and my husband was furloughed on April 1st. He's set to go back on May 18th. I'm not sure when I will go back into the office. My company hasn't released their plan yet.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:53 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I'm still doing the things I was doing before this paranoia virus hit, with the exception of eating out in a restaurant. If I need something at the store, I get in the car and go to the store. Walmart is limiting how many people per 1000 sq. ft. of space and I've had to stand in line outside a couple times until I could go in, and I was 6 feet away from others in line. No, I don't wear a mask. But our governor is requesting everybody wear one starting May 11, so I may go grocery shopping on the 10th and wait as long as possible to go out with a mask on. My wife stays in because of several illnesses she has. She's more worried about catching the flu than the virus.
Like I've said in a lot of these posts, not need to be paranoid, just careful.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:50 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Live in NYC metro area and have been going out shopping and doing errands for parents and elderly parents while masking. It has been crazy here with the amount of deaths. I could see some other type stores opening here, but I would be hesitant going to a restaurant now.

I think we will be stuck here in my area with masking for quite a while longer.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Haven't really stopped going out to places open. We are 71. Husband has had two heart attacks and has Pacemaker. He has gone out of PA with his friend (65) to Upstate NY and NJ; mostly for socialization as he says.

We both went last Saturday to East End Long Island Native Reservation to buy cigarettes and then to have dinner with our Millennial Daughter, SIL, and Grandkids.

I can tell you it isn't ONLY those Protesters on the News defying the stay at home orders. Average Citizens are as well. LIE looked like any normal Spring Day on the roadway, despite signs all over saying "Stay At Home". I think you are going to see more of this as Spring passes to Summer. Cannot lock up people forever before they rebel.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:22 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Live in NYC metro area and have been going out shopping and doing errands for parents and elderly parents while masking. It has been crazy here with the amount of deaths. I could see some other type stores opening here, but I would be hesitant going to a restaurant now.

I think we will be stuck here in my area with masking for quite a while longer.
On our way home from LI we drove by Flushing Meadows Corona Park. A lot of people were out jogging, biking, walking dogs; including couples together. The picnic tables were full of people. They were not wearing masks. How can you breathe running with a mask on?

Old 04-29-2020, 05:34 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
On our way home from LI we drove by Flushing Meadows Corona Park. A lot of people were out jogging, biking, walking dogs; including couples together. The picnic tables were full of people. They were not wearing masks. How can you breathe running with a mask on?
You mean like normal life?

Ah, those were the days......

Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I believe they are just recommending a face covering that you could pull up over your mouth and nose when running near people.
Families who live in the same home and go out to eat together at a picnic table are not a problem. You have already been exposed to those people.
Getting together with people who you haven't been with is where the virus could spread if someone was an asymptomatic carrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness