U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 09:37 PM

403 posts, read 634,664 times

Advertisements

Weekend athlete. 51 years old. Heel and arch pain in my feet every morning. This pain came out of nowhere.
Tried different insoles, stretching, and shots. Any ideas? Let me know
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 10:54 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,424,158 times
Good luck. That's all I can say...

Old 05-08-2020, 11:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,606,331 times
I feel for you. I've been there on each foot at different times. I used a neoprene ankle wrap similar to the one at the link below. There are a lot of variations available on-line so you may find something you like better.

https://www.amazon.com/ComfiLife-Pre...999267&sr=8-13

It was the only thing that worked but it did take awhile. It's been years and I still make sure to wear good arch supports in my shoes. If I don't, I get a reminder from my feet.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution soon. It's a miserable thing to deal with.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:09 AM

14 posts, read 6,907 times
Customer orthotics worked for me. Can be expensive but worth it if they work.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:17 AM

1,362 posts, read 2,129,889 times
The only thing that worked for me was the stretches against the wall. I feel for you. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2020, 08:55 AM

12,678 posts, read 16,246,025 times
I used one of these every night https://www.cvs.com/bizcontent/merch...13120161_2.jpg
plus stretches and a frozen bottle of water to roll under my foot as a part of physical therapy https://www.ortho.wustl.edu/content/...Exercises.aspx
took a couple of months to go away
making sure to wear good shoes/arch supports and it hasn't come back after nearly a decade

Old 05-09-2020, 09:08 AM

2,905 posts, read 2,062,696 times
Having been there, I would advise staying away from any kind of splint you wear all night long. That is helping the symptom, not the cause, and I feel it will only prolong the issue.

What you want to do is, before getting out of bed each morning, vigorously massage the bottom of each foot with your thumbs or even with an electric massager, focusing on the arch area. Do not get out of bed without doing this faithfully every single day until you no longer have the problem. Throughout the day, especially if you have been sitting for a while, curl your feet downward, exaggerating the natural arch, and hold it for 20-30 seconds.

And get yourself some Birkenstock sandals and wear them whenever possible. I have used both orthotics and Birkenstocks, and IME, orthotics are good but Birkies are better. I haven't had a problem with plantar fasciitis since I started wearing Birkies regularly.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:19 AM

3,693 posts, read 1,544,311 times
I went through all the treatments that "claimed" this was due a ligament. Did nothing.

Then a doctor showed me my "heel spur" on an X-ray and I got an idea. Started taking Apple Cider Vinegar... diluted in water... and it went away in a month.

Not sure what did it but I think it was the magnesium.

The cause is a calcium deposit on your heel. You injured the heel, your body sends calcium to the area to heal it. The body mistakenly doesn't get rid of all the calcium, you continue to injure you heel due to the calcium.. and on and on. Magnesium helps get rid of the calcium properly so once you are healed you don't continue the re in jury.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:04 AM

30,066 posts, read 36,595,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifeman View Post
Weekend athlete. 51 years old. Heel and arch pain in my feet every morning. This pain came out of nowhere.
Tried different insoles, stretching, and shots. Any ideas? Let me know
It will come and it will go. Once you have it, you have it. That's what everyone I know with it, has experienced.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:18 AM

4,488 posts, read 2,238,224 times
Mine came from wearing a cheap pair of sneakers with no support that I had purchased while on vacation. I suffered with it for about a year, and after I got my first pair of Birkenstock sandals, it went away in a couple of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness