Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 09:10 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/hea...t-restaurants/

If you are crazy enough to want to eat out, read this.

We are doing carry-out once a week. Only where they take CC number over phone and bring to car

Bring it home, disinfect the containers, microwave food for 20 seconds, put on plates, wash hands and then eat!

No way in Hell will we go into restaurant
Neither would we.....,nor do we miss it..

I do go food shopping once a week, mask on...or go to stores where they disininfect carts in front of you......always pack groceries myself in washable bags

Last edited by Lola The yorkie; 05-30-2020 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Add sentence

Old 05-30-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Then you really didn't comprehend what they meant when they said it was to flatten the curve.

It is also a new disease, and time was needed to gain knowledge, increase testing, and improve treatments.

Any places that use low-wage employees to serve will be a risk because they will come into work sick and spread disease. I think the biggest risk will be salons and barbers. The virus stays airborne for up to 3 hours while the ventilation system recirculates stagnant air. Most of the people who were infected in the restaurant didn't test positive for 5 to 14 days.
My dear hairdresser came to our home a few months ago....we sat outside, no shampoo or coloring..

She did hubby, a friend and me....I paid her well! Am beginning to like my semi grey hair!

Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,746 times
My wife and I have eaten in restaurants 3 times since last weekend, when Ohio restaurants could open up there dining rooms. Zero issues. Everything was spotless, not many diners inside for the most part. I feel more safe in restaurants now, then at a Walmart or grocery store, that’s for sure.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
My wife and I have eaten in restaurants 3 times since last weekend, when Ohio restaurants could open up there dining rooms. Zero issues. Everything was spotless, not many diners inside for the most part. I feel more safe in restaurants now, then at a Walmart or grocery store, that’s for sure.
Too soon to tell tho..

Good luck...obviously ya gotta pick your places tho

Old 05-30-2020, 11:02 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
But testing does no good if you think you had it months ago. Even the antibody tests they say are now 50% false.
"They" say inaccurate a lot on the tests. I have NO DESIRE to do a test.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:08 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,290,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Until there's a vaccine it will never be safe to go out to eat.

The employees working there could be sick.

The patrons there could be sick.

The food delivery guys could be sick.

Even take out is not safe because of reasons listed, not to mention the driver.

It's never going back to like before until there's a cure.

Stay home if you don't want to take the risks.

There will always be a risk of getting something. There always has been a risk of getting something, and people have always taken that risk.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:42 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
There will always be a risk of getting something. There always has been a risk of getting something, and people have always taken that risk.
Catching a cold or flu is a bit different that this has shown to be, with some dying soon afterward.

Now that there has been rioting and looting (and may continue) over something else, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do with some establishments closed - again - so, talk about not being safe to be out, yet.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:27 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Catching a cold or flu is a bit different that this has shown to be, with some dying soon afterward.

Now that there has been rioting and looting (and may continue) over something else, there will be a lot of cleaning up to do with some establishments closed - again - so, talk about not being safe to be out, yet.
We went out to dinner last night and had a wonderful time. We are not in an area where there is looting or rioting, so that is fortunately irrelevant.

Of course we would not have gone out into a war zone.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:50 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Turn the TV off and go outside. The news always tells you the worst. Most people don't even know they have COVID-19 because it isn't affecting them.

Stay 6 feet away from others, if possible, avoid touching your face, and wash/sanitize your hands when you leave somewhere. LIVE YOUR LIFE.
^ This It is those who are not following those guidelines whom are more often the ones contracting the virus. Wearing a mask helps with not touching your face helping to prevent absorption of droplets that contain the virus

I urge people to listen to the following video in it's entirety. Contains detailed info for living and interacting with life in and around the virus. Explains how one can still even live in the home with family who have the disease and at what stage it is important to go to the hospital and not waste important time of medical facilities. This isn't info from a quack doctor, this a doctor at the front lines, and it shows on his face how hard he's been at work he works at Cornell https://weill.cornell.edu/

Not a slick or short video, but one worth watching all the way through if you really want to be informed and prepared to keep yourself and your loved ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBC3...yLRdgEDZ9W_esw

Old 05-31-2020, 08:52 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,722,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
My dear hairdresser came to our home a few months ago....we sat outside, no shampoo or coloring..

She did hubby, a friend and me....I paid her well! Am beginning to like my semi grey hair!
That's interesting, in our state, they said they would take licenses away if hairdressers did home visits. Was that allowed in California?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness