U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:05 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,539,641 times

Advertisements

Until there's a vaccine it will never be safe to go out to eat.

The employees working there could be sick.

The patrons there could be sick.

The food delivery guys could be sick.

Even take out is not safe because of reasons listed, not to mention the driver.

It's never going back to like before until there's a cure.

Stay home if you don't want to take the risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 08:06 PM

1,736 posts, read 3,225,493 times
Turn the TV off and go outside. The news always tells you the worst. Most people don't even know they have COVID-19 because it isn't affecting them.

Stay 6 feet away from others, if possible, avoid touching your face, and wash/sanitize your hands when you leave somewhere. LIVE YOUR LIFE.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:11 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,526,425 times
No it will never be safe to eat out again until there's a vaccine! Let's all just hide under our beds until the government gives us the ok!

Old 05-24-2020, 08:14 PM

1,736 posts, read 3,225,493 times
While you ponder if it's safe to go buy a burger, I'll continue to take my toddler wherever I go, without masks on. I carry him and don't let him touch anything adults touch (door handles, etc). I put sanitizer on his and my hands when we get back to the car. We haven't gotten COVID-19. I refuse to spend money at places that have mandated masks because I have self-control and don't touch my face. If I have to cough or sneeze (very rare), I use the crook of my elbow.

I spent a decade arresting people with HIV, Tuberculosis, and sharps in their pockets. COVID-19 doesn't scare me.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:30 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,539,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I spent a decade arresting people with HIV, Tuberculosis, and sharps in their pockets. COVID-19 doesn't scare me.
And I'm going to remind you that 100,000 Americans have died from COVID in only a span of months with social distancing. And there's going to be a second wave even deadlier.

With an attitude like yours no wonder this virus will continue to exist and innocent people will be murdered because of such bravado.

Just wanted to beat some of the posters here who were going to remind you that.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:51 PM

15,755 posts, read 32,814,853 times
Keep in mind that many restaurants are not great places to eat even BEFORE this virus. I am talking about "dirty dining" issues, like having roaches and rodents, dirty dishes, pots, etc. and foods that are spoiled or set out too long Most people never even give that a thought. I would say CHOOSE WISELY.

We have gone out a few times, but only places with outdoor dining, we live in Florida so many places provide that, especially now.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:51 PM

10,842 posts, read 7,925,731 times
We have gone out to eat several times since out restaurants opened for in dining. Happy to get out, happy to support our local businesses. I'm too old to sit home and cower in acquiescence to the ongoing fear mongering. I believe common sense applies here.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:36 PM

27,553 posts, read 10,409,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Keep in mind that many restaurants are not great places to eat even BEFORE this virus. I am talking about "dirty dining" issues, like having roaches and rodents, dirty dishes, pots, etc. and foods that are spoiled or set out too long Most people never even give that a thought. I would say CHOOSE WISELY.

We have gone out a few times, but only places with outdoor dining, we live in Florida so many places provide that, especially now.
I have been on this earth for almost 82 yrs and in all the years I've eaten out I can honestly say I've not had a negative experience. I don't and won't live in fear and don't own a mask or sanitizer and don't go around in a lot of negative thinking and spewing. I'm ready for a yummy sushi.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:15 AM

7,691 posts, read 11,421,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Keep in mind that many restaurants are not great places to eat even BEFORE this virus. I am talking about "dirty dining" issues, like having roaches and rodents, dirty dishes, pots, etc. and foods that are spoiled or set out too long
When I saw the thread title, I was going to ask, 'it was safe to go out to eat?'

Adding to your list, the food is just terrible, I usually come away sick or disgusted, or both.

As granma used to say, "You are what you eat" and "there's no place like home".

Old 05-25-2020, 05:31 AM

11,774 posts, read 13,665,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
We have gone out to eat several times since out restaurants opened for in dining. Happy to get out, happy to support our local businesses. I'm too old to sit home and cower in acquiescence to the ongoing fear mongering. I believe common sense applies here.

I went to a higher end chain steakhouse a couple weeks back. Literally 12 people in the whole restaurant (customers) and our table was 4 of them. Every worker had masks/gloves on. Food was great.

I do think this slowdown will surely close more than a few restaurants permanently. I think that industry is going to flush out 1/3 of its workers due to closures/reduced patronage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness